greetings from Canada

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by JohnnyZJ, Jul 19, 2012.

1. JohnnyZJ

JohnnyZJ New Member

hi all, like many i'm sure, i found this site researching a problem with my new to me truck.

normally, i'm a jeep guy, have been for a while, but decided i wanted something smoother, faster, and generally better for driving lol. (and to tow my trail rig)

so looks like I might be pulling apart my encoder motor soon ;)

also looking forward to gaining more knowledge, and hopefully passing some down the line as i learn :)

2. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

3. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome fellow Calgarian!

What model / year is your truck?

4. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome Aboard!

5. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welcome, good to have you around!

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club from the USA! :great:

7. JohnnyZJ

JohnnyZJ New Member

thanks guys. its a 05 GMC sierra. stock for now. hopefully stays that way. my vehicles have a tendency to get lifted and stuff. i want this one to be near stock so its a good tow rig for my jeep........ but who says it can't get a 6" 35s and some 4.56 gears?
    i've already taken off the tonneau cover, its for sale, and the running boards are coming off too. i'd like to take off the chrome fenders too, but i'm afraid to find rust under it!

heres a couple pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Johnny, it's good to have you with us. :glasses: Nice truck............

9. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Looks nice, I agree on getting rid of that chrome too. Do the chrome molding while you are at it.

If you don't want to take it off you could potentially have it sprayed with line-x or plastidip it.

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This times two...