1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Greetings from Detroit

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ahabofthepequod, Jan 4, 2008.

1. ahabofthepequod

ahabofthepequod New Member

ARRRGH, Matey.

Ahab is here.

Well it's time to retire the S-10 and get a new ride.
    For the past 30 years it seems that whenever I've bought a new ride circumstances have required me to get whatever's least expensive and on the lot. I've decided that this time I'll get what I want.

I figured that the best way to find out about all the truck I want is to join a forum and check the posts.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot. I do have (and too often offer) an opinion on things.

I enjoy a good discussion, I refuse to argue.

In the past my motto has been "The is no such thing as a dumb question, only a dumb answer." I've recently altered that to read, "The only dumb question is the one you don't ask."

I have 34 years experience in heavy construction, for the past 11 years I've been a safety profesional. I'm an amateur artist doing scrimshaw (carving/scratching designs/pictures into bone, antler, horn & ivory), read a lot, do as much remodeling at home as I can (most recently minor interior demolition, plaster, electrical, paint, wallpaper, woodwork in my dinette and kitchen), married 30 years, enjoy all types of music and go to local symphonic concerts where my daughter plays bassoon & Contra-bassoon in the orchestras.
  2. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016: to the site. I think alot of your questions will deffinently be answered and I think after reading some of the stuff you will be able to make a good choice on vehicle. You sound like a very well rounded person, lets see some of the artwork we like pictures on this site. Hope to see you around on the site posting it up.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016: Ahad, Glad you could join us. Truck decisions are fun. I love jumpin' in and out of trucks trying them out. (The sales guys usually just stands there like...What are you an idiot son, pick a truck already):rofl:
  4. sierraman

sierraman New Member 100 Posts

yeah getting rid of your s-10 can be sad, ive done it, but hopefully this site will help you pick something you'll love so you'll forget all about that s-10
  5. finalday7

finalday7 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site. Do you have any idea's on what you'd like in your new truck?
  6. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016:
  7. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Welcome to the site!