1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Greetings from Franklin, TN

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Trucking, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Trucking

Trucking New Member

Just picked up a pretty black 2010 Silverado LT. Crew/leather/climate control/5.3 w/6-sp/20" wheels. Pretty standard otherwise. Got a DIC average MPG of 21.6 driving from Texarkana to Nashville, and an actual fill-up calculation of 20.3 MPG. Cruise set to 70mph for first 3 hours until heavier traffic dictated zipping around trucks and driving somewhere around 70-75-80 mph. So I am VERY impressed. My previous Nissan Titans couldn't get more than 17mpg under the same conditions. My 2009 Nissan Frontier 6MT only averaged 19-20 at best. The GY Eagles (I assume original at 57k miles) still has 5/32 left but some highway vibration and thumping at lower speeds so new Cooper Discoverer HTP (Discount Tire proprietary) mounted today. The Line-X application is scheduled in 2 days. 6th Chevy, 6th pickup, 2nd Chevy pickup. My first Chevy pickup was a '64 4x4 with the 292 six, back in 1976, a rusty 12-year old truck.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:
  3. starsilverado

starsilverado New Member

welcome from a former 10ECN
  4. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  5. Trucking

Trucking New Member

Thanks all. Good to be here. And I never saw 10ECN before, very clever.
  6. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to the club, glad to have you here
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:
  8. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member

Welcome to The Club.
  9. starsilverado

starsilverado New Member

Thanks I was going to put it on my plates but dont want to give the VA. DMV anymore $$$ than I have to
  10. Trucking

Trucking New Member

Yeah, it all adds up!!