Greetings from Indiana

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jbhofc, Dec 27, 2007.

Newest Photos

1. jbhofc

jbhofc New Member

Just taking a moment to send out a holiday greetings and wish a blessed upcoming year to all.
    I am a school teacher in Indiana who works with individuals with disabilities.
    When I had time for a hobby, my 3 year old IS my new hobby, I restore and show Ferguson tractors.
    I recently purchased a 2004 silverado 2500 HD with 15,000 miles.
    Am hoping to use truck to pull 3500 lb. tractors to show (think she can handle it).
    I am a little concerned when I read all the problems with these trucks.
    I am currently noticing the abs brake fade when coming to a near stop.
    I have read about a recall regarding these trucks, can I just call any chevy garage and have them check it out? I am not the original owner, and the truck was purchased 3 hours away from present location.
    Look forward to further discussions.
    Mark
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Awesome, welcome to the site. Would love to see some pics of the tractors too.
  3. ProzacKid

ProzacKid New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the site. That's not very many miles on a 2004!

Any Chevy dealership can handle the recalls for them, and they'll check your VIN to make certain that the recall was taken care of in the past for everything.
  4. jbhofc

jbhofc New Member

I thank you for the greeting

Appreciate the kind words, especially the "dealership"part. Hadn't considered they should have a record according to vin. #.
    Mark
  5. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member 100 Posts

yup on mine i had an entire history of goodies that can be found what has been done on vin..also if you register yourself on the ownership tab of gm.com any warranty work done it actually gets posted to that area so you have an actual copy of the warranty work done.

Also :sign0016:to the Gmtruck family !
  6. Pontiac Custom-S

Pontiac Custom-S New Member

Welcome! :happy: