Greetings from Kentucky

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 4silverado, Apr 1, 2014.

1. 4silverado

4silverado Member

New to site, not new to Chevy trucks - this one makes 4. First one was a 1987 Custom Deluxe 4X4, 2nd was a new 02 ECSB 2wd. 3rd was a used 04 ECSB Z71. This one is an 03 ECSB 2wd. Bought it used with 129,000 miles, bone stock with Bose system. Not long after I got it radio wouldn't play CDs. I ended up getting a Kenwood KDC-255U CD player. I had messed around with the stereo on the 02, but this was the first Silverado I've had with the Bose. I have started doing some general maintenance - rear brakes, transmission filter and oil change, fuel filter. I plan on keeping this one for a while. The clear coat is coming off of the wheels so I am on the hunt for a set of GM OE wheels. Kind of liking the looks of the 06-07 Tahoe or the 2014 Sierra honeycomb wheel. Problem is that, aroudn here, I can find aftermarket wheels cheaper than the OE ones.

Always looking for more ideas and liking what I see on this website so far.

I live in Berea, KY where I work as a service engineer for a local manufacturer.

I have posted more pictures on my profile.

Attached Files:

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To The Site.....:glasses:

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

:sign0016:

Don't forget to add some pics of your truck to the site if you've not do so already!

4. 4silverado

4silverado Member

already have. I started off adding it to the garage.

5. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site [MENTION=67309]4silverado[/MENTION]. Theres a mountain of info here so if you ever get stuck on something dont be afraid to ask. You can search about a lot of things too. Theres a ton of good write ups on mods that people do to their trucks and even the simple change your oil questions. Hope you stick around and im sure we can learn a thing or two from you too.

Again welcome aboard!!!

6. 05DuramaxLLY

05DuramaxLLY New Member

Nice truck and welcome to the site! What motor do you have in your truck?

7. 4silverado

4silverado Member

it has the 5.3L. just added a Spectre air filter to the stock air box. needing to do plugs and wires next.

8. stackrat

stackrat New Member

Welcome to the site, fellow Kentuckian!

9. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! And X2 what the @phantom said!

10. 4silverado

4silverado Member

Thanks for the welcomes. So far, finding a lot of info that I have been searching for.