1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Greetings from Palcerville

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by MyDenaliSux, Nov 13, 2012.

1. MyDenaliSux

MyDenaliSux New Member

My wife and I own a 2003 Denali XL and a 2001 GMC 3500 Duramax SLT crewcab. I've visited this site before to look up codes and simple fixes, but finaly created an account.

Current issues:
    The Denali is running rough and throwing a p0446 code. I have it up on ramps right now, but I'm being lazy and waiting for it to warm up a bit outside before working on it.

The truck once again has the p0089 code. The dealership replaced the fuel pressure module and regulator a few years ago under warranty. The injectors were done at 66k, 82k, and I did all 8 injectors at 108k. I have been replacing the fuel filters at every other oil change..15 to 16k miles but after the 2nd injector replacement, I dropped it down to 10k. Still the fuel system has issues.

Very discouraging to say the least to go out and buy another GM. I had a 73 Blazer 20 years ago. I loved it. Easy to work on and I didn't have to smog it. I have no idea why I sold it.
  2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

3. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club. Don't give up on GM. All brands have their problems.
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

A few things may be causing the p0089 code, one the sensor is not working, you have a new one so its less likely. Two the wiring harness for the sensor is faulty, more possible being you've had two sensors with the same issue. Three the ECM is faulty and isn't working right, that's the one most people don't think about and ignore but if you're having this many issues it may be the culprit. [MENTION=53221]Curky[/MENTION] posted good links that will help, but I'm sure someone will post here how to fix it in depth.
  5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:
  6. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! I bet you'll find your answer here. And when you do, please post it so the rest of us will have a chance to learn.
  7. MyDenaliSux

MyDenaliSux New Member

Thanks guys. I've already been searching and reading up on possible solutions. I need to get a real print out from the dealer as what work they truly did and didn't do. I'm not too worried about it now. It hasn't kicked in to limp mode yet and it does sometimes go away on it's own. I have a toyhauler 5th wheel and a dump trailer. I'm just worried when I'm towingit will slip in to limp mode.
    As for the Denali, my first post was on the p0446 error code in a different thread. I have it up on ramps but my wife wanted to go see skyfall. hmmm work on the denali or go see a movie. It was an easy choice. I'll take a look at tomorrow.
    Thanks again and good night
    Dave and Susan
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:
  9. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!
  10. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C!