Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Greetings from the Middle East.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by nottmbantam, Nov 27, 2012.

1. nottmbantam

nottmbantam Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Folks,

Just joined, as I'm on the hunt for a 1995/96 GMC Suburban. Really want the 2500 model , with the 7.4L engine - also referred to as the 454 I believe?

I'm a Brit expat, living and working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Currently have a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer LT, which is very nice, but the driving out here is crazy, so thought I'd buy something bigger and older to drive around in. Like the idea of such a big engine, as I know there is no way on earth I'd ever drive anything that big in the UK.

The trucks here are relatively much more expensive than they are in the USA, with a 95 / 96 model going for around $6000. But then, fuel is dirt cheap, my TB costs me around $12 to fill up.

So, any buying advice would be more than appreciated, anything I need to look out for especially? Ideally, the model I'm after is 95 / 96, the 2500 model, with 4x4 drive and the 7.4L engine.

Cheers.
  2. Wayne58

Wayne58 New Member

Hello and Welcome from Nova Scotia canada >>> $12.00 too fill the trail Blazer Geeeeez even here gas is $1.40 per Liter >>> if my silverado was empty it would cost $ 140.00 to fill it >>> With a 7.4 L (454cid) you will be able to pull Oil wells right out of the sand LOL GL
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Enjoy the fuel prices while uou can.
  4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you. :glasses:
  5. nottmbantam

nottmbantam Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Thanks all for the warm welcomes, very much appreciated. As and when I get closer to finding get one, I'll keep you guys informed!
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome and good luck w/your search!