1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Greetings, salutations

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by InternalCombustion, Jan 20, 2013.

1. InternalCombustion

InternalCombustion New Member

Hey, I figured since I now own two Suburbans it's high time I formally get into GMTC. I'd tell all you guys how great I think it is to drive a Suburban, but then, you already know that.

I got the '99 in Feb of last year. Had a lot of miles and more rust than I originally thought (God bless the northeast), and the AutoTrac panel had a cold-solder joint that needed repairing. Still and all, I was hopelessly in love.

As my other vehicle (’99 TrailBlazer) has 195,000 miles last month I decided perhaps it was time to retire it for something a bit better. I found a very clean '04 Suburban K2500LT, fully loaded up to and including DVD, in Boston. Zero rust topside to bottom, but it did have 164,000. Mileage in and of itself doesn't bother me as long as the body is straight. I pulled the trigger and caught a flight up, gave the dealer $6900 and drove that baby home. it being the nicest of the two I gave it to my wife.

It's just the wife and I at home these days, all the kids have been off and on their own for many years now. To say we each need a monster SUV is silly. I don't care. She loves Suburbans as much as I do.

I look forward to making good friends on this excellent forum.

Life is good.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome Big Truck Family........:sign0016:
  3. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

welcome to the site....lots of Burbs' and Burb' guys around....
    boy, I bet that K2500 rides nice and will pull all that you might
    need it to ...Brian from Canada:glasses:
  4. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Rob, it's good to have you here. :glasses:
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome, Rob! :great:
  6. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !