1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Greetings!!!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by sed777, Jan 19, 2012.

1. sed777

sed777 New Member

I am a newbie to the forum and Chevrolet!
    First Chevy i've ever owned (and ive had a lot of cars in my day) and first Suburban!
    just acquired a 1997 Suburban 1500 4x4 with a gentle 130k miles on it.

There are a few minor issues i need to look into over time. Hopefully i can find great insight on the forum!

Remote does not work. Has new battery and switch inside truck works for all doors, just not the remote. Can it be re coded or do i need to fork over for a new one if that's even worth it?

Passenger window does not work. No motor sound, no sound at all. Makes me wonder if its a switch. My ford had the regulator break, but you could clearly hear the motor still grind away.

Front ac/heat fan only works on high. Some amount of air movement comes thru when its turned on, but the blower seems to only work on high. Would this be the entire motor or is their some type of voltage regulator that might have died?

Looking Fwd to hearing from you all!!!

Scott
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club from a fellow Scott!!!
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome. You should inquire about your various issues in the appropriate technical forums. More people read those, thus you have a greater chance of getting an answer if you ask your questions in the right places.

Regarding your passenger window -- the window motors in these trucks are a common issue. The motor may well be shot (I recently replaced mine in my 04 Sierra). To rule out wiring you should remove the door panel and take a meter to the window motor's wiring (there should only be two cables running to the motor) and check. (Note: This assumes you're competent with such things. If not, get someone who is!)
  5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club

A/cHeater . Check the switch first which a common Gm issue.