Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Gremlins in the guage cluster (2001 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 5.3L)

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by awillis111, Nov 4, 2012.

1. awillis111

awillis111 New Member

This isn't a great big deal. Just a major annoyance. I've had the truck a little over 2 years. When I first bought it, the quadrant/odometer display would go out intermittently. A little on the clear cover, or wiggling the reset button would usually get it to come back on.

Now, it has gone out completely, and out for the count. Just wondering if there is an easy fix for this, before I drop $150 + shipping on a used replacement.

Thanks in advance!!

2. T-bone

T-bone Rockstar

from what I have read, try plugging an OBD2 scan tool into the port. if your cluster starts working again it is some kind of a ground issue that is interfering with the signal. If that works, a new cluster will do you no good. If it does not rescue then that might be your likely problem

3. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It may also be a stepper motor issue. These were notorious for causing issues on these trux.