Grill Guards

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ChevyFan, Dec 23, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

A lot of the trucks on here (mostly 4x4s) have grill guards. If you've got a grill guard, or are about to get one, what type and style are you going to get?

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I love mine. It was installed at the dealer along with the PIAA lights when i bought it new so I'm not sure what brand it is.

[​IMG]

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Mine was from JCWhitney 120 shipped, has save my truck from a thousand bucks damage but has inflicted even more (they werent my fault). Black powdercoating, didnt even chip when i messed up an F150 King Ranch bumper and tailgate

4. lex08

lex08 New Member

bull bar

well i like grille guards and dont get me wrong they are great when you whack a deer, just be careful what kind you buy. Look at where the mounting points are. Alot of times the brackets are right there under the front grille and are the first thing to snap when you get a good whack say from like hitting another car. From what i have seen they make accidents worse sometimes when they bend/break and turn a front end crash from just breaking a headlight and bending a bumber into breaking both headlights , cracking the grille and tearing up the front of the hood when the grille guard gets pushed into the vehicle. If you have the money get a full replacement bumper/guard combo it's at least $1,000 but it's not goint to budge. I personally just got a bull bar on mine so if i whack a deer or something it will hopefull go under the truck. Not sure what brand but got it at 4wheelparts store.

5. smainsw

smainsw Rockstar

Wow dwill that is one of the better looking grill guards I have seen for that model year of silverado, which is probably why I find it is hard to find decent looking ones for that body style. Ah next truck will be a diesel . . . one day.