Grille Guard Painting

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by CrewCabHD, Oct 2, 2008.

1. CrewCabHD

CrewCabHD New Member

I was thinking of getting my grille guard sprayed with bed liner spray. I was wondering if anyone has tried to use undercoating spray instead? Was wondering if it would work as well or last as long. Was planning a DIY project instead of paying someone to do it.

Any advise?

2. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

i would think powder coating it would be the best

3. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

a spray on liner like rhino would work. This guy had it done to his chrome roll bars. Mattstruck.com for pics.

4. CrewCabHD

CrewCabHD New Member

I thought about powder coating it as well. I just wonder which would be the most durable and last the longest.

5. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have seen it before.. its nice ..
    i think its like a bedliner in terms of how it would hold up ..it all depends on how much you use it and how rough you are with it ie; running little hondas off the road pushing over the bushes @ casa ole bc your trucks too long) :lol:

i would recomend it though :great:

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I had my running boards and tool box sprayed when they did my bed. I don't have a brush guard, but I''ve seen them done the same way. Works great and looks great. If you "scuff up" the finish
    on the grill guard before you try the DIY bed liner, it would probably stay in place as well as sprayed.