Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grille guard

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by mthunter, Aug 17, 2012.

1. mthunter

mthunter New Member

I have a grille guard I picked up for cheap not knowing if it was going to fit my '95 1500. I don't know what the brand is and I can't find any pictures of the same one online. I'd like to either find out if I can jerry-rig and put it on my pickup or sell it to someone who can use it.

Any help?

I'll post pics of it if any responses.
  2. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 Member

Have someone weld it on for you....do you have a pic the mounts?
  3. mthunter

mthunter New Member

IMG_20120819_171226.jpg IMG_20120819_171233.jpg

Here is the guard. I measured the width between the two mounts on the guard, and then the part of the frame to mount it on, and they don't match.
    The guard's mounts are 32" apart to the outside, and the frame on the truck is 33" or so, but too large. If I could somehow get someone to weld it on,
    as I don't have a welder, how much do you think it'd run me to get it done?
  4. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 Member

It should only cost you about 50 bucks to have it welded on....but it depends on the shops around your area. Plus it will be stronger welded rather than bolted on!