grilles and taillight companies

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by McClintoc, May 22, 2013.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I am moving this weekend but all next week I'll be on vacation. I am going to use that time to settle into my new apartment and hopefully find a new bed for my truck. I have been wanting to swap it out for a couple years now - the whole right side is caved in from a wreck. Prior to now, I either had the time to look for a bed but not the money or I had the money but not the time. Now I finally have both and am wanting to get this done.

Once I find a new bed, I am wanting to put some LED taillights in it. So, my question is, what are some good companies to get LED taillights from? Also, what are some good grille companies? If I can find my bed, swap out all the rear lights for LEDs and put a new grille in, I think my truck will be complete, at least as far as extior looks are concernced.

2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

the only company i would recommend for taillights is HELLA! I have their tailights and they are awesome! but... for our trucks they have discontinued them due to insufficient demand so finding them is a challenge... its right under $300.00 for the 3 piece set (2 tails, and 3rd brake). But i see HELLA as someone who knows their stuff. vs spyder, or spec-d who ive never been satisfied with.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

IPCW, Recon, Are just a few.. for lights.. Grilles there are so many..

4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My current bed is a fleetside but I am hoping to pull a stepside from a salvage yard, just to give my truck a new look. A quick search isn't finding any LED taillights for stepsides. :( There are a few Alteza lights for stepsides but I'll stick with the stock taillights before I go Alteza.

As for a grille, I am looking for a all-metal mesh grille that will completely replaced the current one, not just cover it.

5. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

All metal mesh grilles are pricey... but you get what you pay for. I myself like the Fuel line.

6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree with Recon and IPCW, I use both and both are great still at 2.5 years old. On the grill question, I personally go for quality and I put a 2005 Tahoe grill in mine new from GM and then I put the Grillcraft Stainless insert in and well you see what I ended up with and I am very happy. Good luck man. :glasses:

7. truc.karl

truc.karl Member

I agree with others. Recon for led lights. And check out RBP if you want something new style for a grille.