1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

grilles and taillight companies

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by McClintoc, May 22, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I am moving this weekend but all next week I'll be on vacation. I am going to use that time to settle into my new apartment and hopefully find a new bed for my truck. I have been wanting to swap it out for a couple years now - the whole right side is caved in from a wreck. Prior to now, I either had the time to look for a bed but not the money or I had the money but not the time. Now I finally have both and am wanting to get this done.

Once I find a new bed, I am wanting to put some LED taillights in it. So, my question is, what are some good companies to get LED taillights from? Also, what are some good grille companies? If I can find my bed, swap out all the rear lights for LEDs and put a new grille in, I think my truck will be complete, at least as far as extior looks are concernced.

2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

the only company i would recommend for taillights is HELLA! I have their tailights and they are awesome! but... for our trucks they have discontinued them due to insufficient demand so finding them is a challenge... its right under $300.00 for the 3 piece set (2 tails, and 3rd brake). But i see HELLA as someone who knows their stuff. vs spyder, or spec-d who ive never been satisfied with.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

IPCW, Recon, Are just a few.. for lights.. Grilles there are so many..

4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My current bed is a fleetside but I am hoping to pull a stepside from a salvage yard, just to give my truck a new look. A quick search isn't finding any LED taillights for stepsides. :( There are a few Alteza lights for stepsides but I'll stick with the stock taillights before I go Alteza.

As for a grille, I am looking for a all-metal mesh grille that will completely replaced the current one, not just cover it.

5. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

All metal mesh grilles are pricey... but you get what you pay for. I myself like the Fuel line.

6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree with Recon and IPCW, I use both and both are great still at 2.5 years old. On the grill question, I personally go for quality and I put a 2005 Tahoe grill in mine new from GM and then I put the Grillcraft Stainless insert in and well you see what I ended up with and I am very happy. Good luck man. :glasses:

7. truc.karl

truc.karl Member

I agree with others. Recon for led lights. And check out RBP if you want something new style for a grille.