Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Groaning while turning

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by SungloHeritage, Mar 28, 2009.

1. SungloHeritage

SungloHeritage New Member

I have a 2000 silverado 2500 4x4 w/ 6.0L motor. I just got done replacing the drivers side bearing hub assembly because I noticed grease getting slung in my wheel well and a groan while in a turn. The half shaft boots were in tact and when I took out the old assembly I could tell that the grease was indeed coming from the assembly. I took it for a test drive and I still have a groan in a turn, it sounds like it is on the drivers side. Could the half shaft bearings be going out or can I be getting fooled and it's the passenger side. I plan on getting it up on a jack again tomorrow and checking the passenger side by grabbing the top of the tire and push/pull. Thanks

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

could it be the power steering pump? my power steering pump on both my suburban and bronco whine like a little ninny-baby every time I cut the wheel to full lock. Seems to be pretty common. Give it a listen

3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

kind of sounds like power steering, make sure your fluid is full and go from there

4. SungloHeritage

SungloHeritage New Member

It's not the pump. If I'm in a turn and hear the sound I can stop...and the sound stops. If I go slower or faster in the turn the sounds corosponds the same.

5. Darstedly

Darstedly Rockstar 100 Posts

My 1998 Suburban groans on tight turns in 4 wheel drive. Diff lock?