1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ground Clearance 2009 Sub

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Room 055, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Room 055

Room 055 New Member

I know this must get old for you guys, but I've read a lot of threads and haven't come up with what I'm looking for.

My 2009 Suburban LT is used for a daily driver, but also for water rescue POV. I am also an avid hunter. Last fall, I found that I was knocking the front air dam lower black lip off the clips running up in the mountains on fire roads through dips. I need some lift, but don't want to ruin the looks of the stock vehicle by going overboard with it.

So, will just going with bigger tires look stupid without a lift? Can I get an inch out of new tires and then add another 2" from a body lift? Or, does it make more sense to do just the suspension? But, then do the stock tires look too small?

I'll also be adding a brush guard and skid plate. Is it possible to keep the air dam lip in place with a brush guard?

Sorry for all the questions. You guys are the experts. Pictures of your late model Subs with different types of lift kits/tires in the 2" to 3" range would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Eric

Attached Files:

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

ReadyLift makes a nice 2.5frt and 1.5rear lift for you Burb, part #69-3015. You can run up to a 33" tire with it. This is a suspension lift and not a body lift.
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I recommend going this route as well. You will probably get close to 3-4" of lift between the tires and lift combined.

And I agree with ya man. Those new burbs and tahoes are real low in the front. Not many of em get off the pavement
  4. Room 055

Room 055 New Member

Thanks guys. I'll look into that kit.