gtg in south florida

Discussion in 'FL - Central & South Florida' started by black jack, Mar 19, 2009.

1. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

ok i was just wondering if we can get a monthly gtg. ive got a friend of mine who owns the miami connection deli/rest. has n.y. style food. cornbeef, pastrami and home made cornbeef hash that is great. serves breakfast all day. best time is sat. hours are 8am to 3pm parking he has a large parking lot in the rear of rest. its off rt. 41 in fort myers. hes a big truck and car fan and would love to get something started as a reg. thing. if any one interested in getting something started please let me know. it would be a great way for all of us who chat on here to see the faces we are chatting with and also help each other with mods.

2. chevygurl

chevygurl Rockstar

Sounds like a great idea, I can't go since I work Saturdays, but if I'm ever off I'll show up!

3. black jack

well we can also make it for sunday i was planning on trying to get something going on april 11 but if you cant make it on sat it could be changed to sun april 12. i fig. try getting something started early this way make plans. if it works out then see if we can make it a regular thingkinda like our own truck show basically. so if any one is interested please let me know.

4. black jack

ok up date my buddy had to close miami connection down due to high rent $5k a month. but his other place is still open Jakes Deli it has same great food plenty of parking. he would also like to see if we can have a regular gtg. for locals its off metro parkway. from colonial blvd. go south past crystal its on right hand side. i will get a menu and post it up.

5. black jack

6. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

BlackJack- I'm all for starting get togethers! Being from Missouri I'm a little far away but I think you're doing it correctly... just jump in feet first and go for it! If times are right and the stars align well, I'll be in the neighborhood in June... if it happens to be on a gtg week then I'll drop in a say hi. If it's only you, still, at that point.. we'll just rant and rave about what a great time it was, and all the free food we got, and the fact that we went trail driving after.... :) We'll get you going!

Keep this post updated and I'm sure folks will stumble upon it and join in.

c'mon!!!! I know there are ppl in florida!!! Take the wife/husband out for a meal and head to the deli!!!

7. black jack

thanks springthing well my buddy is a gm guy he owns a chevy 2500 silverado and he is all for the gtg so he would like to make it a regular thing. so def. when you come do let me know we can meet up there. thanks for support.

8. black jack

well i didnt realized that this weekend is easter so if we need to push it back to the following weekend thats fine april 18. i have been getting stressed out with this chinese drywall the home im renting has it and its getting worse by the day. but anyway let me know and just because is says deli you can sit down and eat your food not like its a take and go and you will not be disappointed in the food.

9. black jack

just an up date glad nobody showed up. ive been trying to get a hold of my buddy but all i get is his voice mail. plus found out his rest. is closed on week ends. he orig. told me is was open on weekends. he must be having more problems than he orig. told me in the beginning. so if anyone still wanted to do a gtg i guess we will have to find another place to get together.

10. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

it's a rough start but keep up with it. If anything it can be a good excuse to have at least one day out of the house.

Cliche: Build it and they will come.