Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

guage lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by thejms, Jan 6, 2010.

1. thejms

thejms Rockstar

One day while sifting through page after page of search threads, I thougth I came across a thread about how to change the color of the lighting for your gauge cluster. Today however, I am unable to find such a thread.

Can you get some assistance? Is there a write up out there explaining how to do this. Has this been done?

I have an 02 Sierra and would love to have the back lighting of my cluster to be blue. Any help is appreciated

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

3. GOTSAND4ME2

GOTSAND4ME2 Rockstar

I did the swap on my 2000 silverado and boy does it make a difference. I got the bulbs from superbrightled.com Very simple and cool results

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

5. Shmeag

Shmeag Rockstar

So i read all the posts in your thread and noticed that i can change the dash cluster and heater lights, but i was wondering if i can change out the lights in my radio. Do yoo have the stock radio? If so did you try to change those as well? I just want to have all the lights on my dash the same. Will this work with red led's?

6. pmf608

this will work with any color LED's you want, but there are green light filters behind all the lighted parts except i think window switches (dont have them, so im not 100% sure). That is what gives the stock lights that horrible green-white color. Im not sure on the radio as I had the cheap cassette and replaced it quickly, but i can take a look to see what would generally be involved because I still have it and I know it is possible.

7. Shmeag

Shmeag Rockstar

Alright thanks let me know after you figure it out. Can you take out the green filter or can you not even tell there is a filter when you change the color?

8. pmf608

if you go to blue or green, the filter wont affect it. it will affect white and probably red. for the gauges, i believe you have to remove the gauge face and scrape it off carefully. to do the rest, you just have to get to the faceplate and scrape the green off (easy since everything else makes the faceplates easy to get to when you take them apart.

9. Shmeag

Shmeag Rockstar

Alright cool. is the filter like a tape or is it painted on?

10. thejms

thejms Rockstar

Thats for all the replys, that was in fact the write up I was looking for!:great: