1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Guess that tool!

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by Cableguy, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[​IMG]

Post a picture of a Tool out of your tool box. See if other members can guess what it is.

Me first...again...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hint, these are generally used in body shops.
  2. Cableguy

BTW we are still guessing on Unplugged's Tool..

[​IMG]
  3. Cableguy

I figured Unplugged's out its a Plumbers Strainer Wrench 4 way po plug wrench Holds pop ups & baskets strainers in position while installing
  4. Grynder

Grynder Rockstar

Glazer (window repair/assembler) tool......for setting screen and window gaskets ?
  5. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

a body spoon of some kind??
    or, a spatula for applying body filler

or.... one heckuva tongue depresser :)
  6. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I wonder if I should say?

I really know what it is but I kind of like some of the answers so far.

Besides the only tool I have a picture of is of a specialty tool that I made.

Ah hell it’s a window repairers tool for auto glass, we used it at the factory to move the rubber reveal around when it was misaligned.

So now can anyone guess this one?

I made it specially for a job on the farm, but have found it so handy I started making all of the ones in my tool box like this one.

[​IMG]
  7. Cableguy

I figured you would know. Its from out of the GM plant
  8. Cableguy

Mine is a wish bone. For removing various trim and body parts.
  9. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What no guesses?

Ok

I thought it would come to this. I have a lot of mill cloth we use on the farm for flooring in out buildings. It’s old paper machine belts, 24’ wide by I have no idea how long. I guess it depends on the machine it came off.

We get the stuff for free when they change the belts. Problem is trying to move the stuff around. So I made this tool. Welded, obviously, a 2” ring on the adjusting screw of a good pair of vise grips.

The ring fits right over the 2” ball of my trailer hitch. Just clamp it to the mill cloth and put the ring over the hitch ball.

I can drag a whole roll around any where I need it and then cut the cloth to the size I need.

Thing is I found after that you can now tighten the vise grip up even tighter after you have clamped it on what ever. It is great, you can even get a large screwdriver and really reef on the thing and get it so tight you can crush things with it.

I like it so much I now have three different pair of vise grips with the ring welded on the screw.
  10. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

I woulda said ball joint seperator and some other stuff on the side LMAO.