1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Guess the Next Poster - 2012 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

you got me. good luck with all that guys. Conlan up next
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Yup I am. Surreal hows you OBA project going how far along are you now? I say Surreal is up next.
  3. Curky

sorry but needed to vent again. I just checked the weather. the high all weekend will be 25F. So, i guess im not washing my truck. I need to do it by hand because it will cost me $20 at the do-it-yourself car-wash and never comes clean enough. Can I run it through a automatic car-wash? I have always been scared to try... Conlan again. I bet surreal is on the phone
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would not take it thru and automatic unless it is touchless.. I take mine to the quarter wash along with a bucket and a wash mit. I spray it down and then fill the bucket with the soap from the foaming brush. Then I let the washer shut down. I hand wash it with the mitt and the soap in the bucket. Then I spray it off. It usually cost me around $4 to do my yukon xl. Curky is next
  5. Conlan Rose

You can run it through an automatic one, but ask what equipment it has and check you owners manual about things that can harm the truck. I can see Surreal is on this thread but he must have it open and also doing other stuff. I say Curky next.
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Conlan is Next! I would not take it thru Curky. Not unless you want fine scratches all over it. It is just not worth it. I would drive with a dirty truck before I took it into one of those brillo pad type "soft cloths"
  7. Curky

You got it. I think I know what I am going to do. If i find a big thing of mud I will play in it for a while. I would rather see the mud other than all this dirty salt. lol Conlan again
    or maybe i will just freeze and do it. I have to do the oil anyway
  8. Conlan Rose

I can agree with that logic Pikey. This my explain why the paint on my truck is so messed up. The last owner owned a used car dealership and a car wash that was next door. I bet he used it almost once a week on the truck. Hmmm hard to say whose next... Lets go with Surreal.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree -- use a touchless if you're going through an automatic wash, Curky.

CR - OBA project is slow but steady. The Bussmann relay box was built with it in mind and is installed. The tanks are installed in the air tank carrier, the rear QD mount is already in place, and the frame rail has been drilled for mounting the rear air manifold. However, I'm waiting on the bracket designs for the compressor, front air manifold, and coalescing filter. I also need to have 3 flexible air hoses made to specific lengths and am looking for a place that can do it for the sizes and fitting types I need.

All the hard work is actualy done, I just need to bolt things into place and connect things up once the brackets and hoses are finished.

C'mon back, Curkster.
  10. Curky

you got it. wow this place is packed in the past hour. maybe pikey will stop back
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.