Guess the Next Poster - 2012 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You got me, instead, again. Time to drive to the family lake house ... drop off a load of stuff for storage en route, and then hunker down, tonight, for the snow they're saying we'll get. So much for helping Nak, tomorrow. :(

CR next...

2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Hello guys. how ur day been. Just got done with work. 11 hours today(no school) Surreal again.
    [MENTION=52248]Conlan Rose[/MENTION] how did he drag u in here?

3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

He mentioned me and I was like why not I'm always reading these convos anyway. I think surreal is still driving to the lake house. I say BTG is next if not then surreal later tonight.

4. SurrealOne

You only get one guess, CR. BTG wasn't next, so sadly, no star for you.

I was actually already at the lake house when you posted ... and was in the shop working on the OBA system, as I intend to do some plumbing for it, tomorrow morning. I needed to prep so I can do the work quickly, as the weatherguesser, erm, I mean weatherman is calling for a wintery mix of precipitation.

Let's see -- I think CR might stop in early tomorrow morning.

5. Conlan Rose

Yup you guessed correct. Yay. I say donyms in a bit.

6. SurrealOne

Needed a break from this morning's work. The hard line from the rear air manifold has been run from about where the extended cab begins on the passenger side (which is about where the rear manifold is) all the way to the bulkhead connector at the driver's side rear bumper corner. It took an hour to straighten the anealed copper coil and feed it down the passenger side frame rail and then bend and cross the aft end of the truck. As soon as I can feel my hands, again, I'll go start the connections at the rear of the truck.

CR, again...

7. Conlan Rose

Yup you're right again. I hope this time you will take plenty of pic because I know I've been waiting to see this oba project and what it looks like. I say surreal next.

8. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm here CR, just slept in a little this morning. I think Surreal will take another break soon. :glasses:

9. SurrealOne

Good call, Donyms!
    [MENTION=52248]Conlan Rose[/MENTION]:
    I always take pics but sometimes they come out pretty poor since I'm using an Android phone to do it and lighting is often less than ideal. You've already seen pics of the Bussmann unit (which was built primarily for the OBA project since I need a relay to engage the compressor's clutch) and the overhead switch work (also done primarily for the OBA project, as I need a switch, somewhere, to be able to shut the system down). In both cases I figured I'd expand the work, a little, to make it serve more than one purpose. :)

As for pics of the work, this morning, here you go:

1/2" OD annealed copper hard line being fed into the passenger side frame rail:
    annealed_copper_hardline.jpg

Path the hard line takes toward the back of the truck:
    hardline_through_framerail.jpg

Post-installation photo of the bukhead connector after running the hard line:

bulkhead_connector&hardline.jpg

Post-intallaton photo of the rear quick disconnect:
    QD&bulkhead_connector.jpg

Post-installation photo of the compression fitting's seat:
    QD&bulkhead_connector&compression_fitting.jpg

Pre-installation photo of the compression fitting cap & ferrule over the seated hard line:
    compression_fitting.jpg

Post-installation photo of the completed rear quick disconnect on the truck:
    rear_QD_complete.jpg
    I have a weird feeling that Curky might pop in over lunch...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  10. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I didn't see that you called the next poster so I will for you. I think Curky will check in shortly. :glasses:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.