Guess the Next Poster - 2012 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I guess thats the flaw with asking about ICs on a truck forum.... I'll figure it out with some experimenting and prototyping. Also will try to make a phone charger using a regulator and a 9v battery. There are instructions online for it.

Surreal next.

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yea, it's probably not tough, I've just never had a need to bother...

CR again...

3. Conlan Rose

I understand. Now I just need to expand my soldering skills.

Surreal next

4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm back, Curky your up............. :glasses:

5. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

you got it, I was watching the PS4 conference on line. looks sweet. I will wait two years after it comes out to get it. I bought my PS3 the week it came out and 2 years later it was half the price. Donyms again

6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good guess Curky, Maybe Surreal will pop in soon. :glasses:

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Spot-on, Donyms.

@Curky, based on what I know of the PS3, the PS3 launched in North America in November of 2006. The 20GB unit had a price point of $499 while the 60GB unit had a price point of $599. In August of 2009 Sony announced a price drop on all of the current models in North America (including the 80GB and 120GB units it had produced after initial launch) by $100.00. In early 2012 Sony announced a relaunch of the (now slimmer) PS3 with 250GB at a price point of $269 with some bundled software ... and then shortly thereafter for $249 without the bundle.

So, I have to ask -- where are you coming up with half the price two years after launch -- as I can find no facts to support that? What I know of the PS3 is that it had a price drop of $100.00 about 3 years after its initial launch ... and eventually was relaunched with 4+ times the space of the 60GB unit ... at half the price of the 60GB unit -- but that took ~5.5 years.

So let's do some math:

• $100/3 = $33.3333/yr cost for entertainment in the first three years -- if you buy at launch instead of waiting
    • $250/5.5 = $45.4545/yr cost for entertainment in the first 5.5 years -- if you buy at launch instead of waiting

Are you willing to miss out on 3 years of fun with a device to save $33.3333 bucks/yr? Are you willing to miss out on 5.5 years of fun with a device to save $45.4545/yr? Or is the entertainment value and device capability worth more to you? Any way you slice it, those costs are very low for the value the devide brings. Heck, at $8/mo, basic Netflix costs more per year...

8. Conlan Rose

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] you never guessed the next poster.

I say Surreal is next...

9. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

nope its me. Conlan again

10. Conlan Rose

Yup your right. BTG come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.