1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Guess the Next Poster - 2012 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Good point lol. I may think about it if I can find some strong magnets.... To Google!! Even if inside i could just lay down a smaller tarp for the other tarp, but keeping in on the rack would save time while deploying in rain.

Random thing why the F*** to solid color ties cost much more than patterned ties....

Surreal next to drop some knowledge....
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My best guess as to why solids cost more is that they are part of a classic look ... meaning they don't go in/out of style like patterened ties. (IMHO, pretty much every man should have a solid navy, burgundy, or gray tie in his wardrobe, as it can be worn with a white dress shirt ... and that look will practically never go out of style or be inappropriate. It's just pragmatic.)

CR again...
  3. Conlan Rose

Yah.. well in my life the best solid tie to have is pink and I can't find my regular pink tie.... So now I need a new pink one by Friday (day of my senior cotillion).

Surreal next.
  4. SurrealOne

Pink? WTF for?

CR again...
  5. Conlan Rose

It matches my girlfriends dress, she makes it easier on me by making sure the dresses she buys have pink in them to match the pink tie I bought when we started dating (2 1/2 years ago). But I in my sometimes poor memory and organization lost the pink tie I own which matches 90% of her dresses and the one she got for this dance.

Kinda makes sense right?
    Surreal next....
  6. SurrealOne

Solution -- buy a tie YOU want to wear ... and get her a new dress that matches it. (That means dress shopping with her, and likely means new hose and shoes, too ... but it's also an opportunity for you to dress her in what you want her to wear -under- it all. Heh.) Cheap? No. Romantic? Absolutely.

CR again...
  7. Conlan Rose

Surreal even tho that would be a fantastic idea we both know I can't afford that lol. Also she has the dress and the dance is this Friday not much time to get those important accessories(which can take longer than getting a dress). She said if I find a black tie I'll be set.

- - - Updated - - -

Surreal next....
  8. SurrealOne

No one said women were cheap!

CR again...
  9. Conlan Rose

I'm well aware. Makes it worse when you also own a mid 90's truck that loves to suck up money(which is worth it in the long term). Its insane how frugal and thrifty I am. I try to save money as much as I can while still needing to spend it. In my world every penny counts, all my change is recovered and then turned in at the bank for cash. I turn in cans and bottles every 3 months to make 20+. I do odd jobs all the time just to make some cash. Also coupons and amazon are king I've saved countless dollars because of them.

Surreal next
  10. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Sounds like your prepared for college:great:

Surreal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.