Guess the Next Poster - 2012 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry I've been so unpredictable, lately. Helping a buddy move has chewed up my time ... right in the midst of my own packing and moving (which I've not stopped doing) ... during the busiest time of the quarter, for me.

I just finished loading the truck and trailer and strapping everything down so that I can drive to the storage unit and unload, tonight. That'll be the last load until it's time to move out, as I'm down to bare essentials, now. (Yay!)

@donyms ... grace you with my presence? You're too kind, as it's more like disgrace!
    @Curky ... probably not enough cost difference to care too much.

Curky's next...

2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

That is what I figure but still want to check. I get told all the time,"if you don't drive like an A** **** you would save gas" we will see,lol you don't have any friends from here to help you with a trip. If you get about 5 truck's, That would save you 4 trips. Buy them a Steak and some beer. I would but my trip just to you would be 10 of your trips, lol
    Surreal again

3. SurrealOne

It's actually better this way. What I do is pack/prep through the week ... and keep an eye on the weather. When the weather between my location and the storage unit (~50 miles away, near the family lake house) supports it (on Thur, Fri, or Sat), I load up, drive out there, unload, then stay over at the lake house through the weekend.

The reason it's better is that I'd be making a trip out there on the weekend, anyway ... so this way I use just a tiny bit more fuel (due to the load) ... by aligning my move with a trip to see family. Of course, it takes a long time to move, this way, but it's efficient in terms of both time and money.

Once I have property and can move my stuff out of storage and to the new dwelling I will ABSOLUTELY pull together a pile of friends local to the family lake house and we'll do a few fast, local runs. My family does a pig pickin' (southern term for a hog roast) on the 4th of July ... and also procures and launchers crazy fireworks (as in the BIG ones) over the lake. Those who help will get invites ... and if I don't have property by then, well I'll invite people I plan to ask for help and just pay it forward. :)

Curky again.

P.S. The conference call I'm on is the most boring call ... EVER.

4. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I'm in before bed. So Surreal, What part of NC are you moving to? During my absence I believe I missed that detail. My mom actually moved out of Pinehurst closer to what is going to be I-73 and I-74 (The freeway that leads to Rockingham IIRC). Means about a 10 or 15 mile shorter trip for me and closer to some locations I like to take pictures at. I forget the name of the community she's in now. Anyway I'm off to bed. Curky in the morning.

5. Curky

you got it. donyms up next?

6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good morning guys, I think Curky may stop in again now........... :glasses:

7. Curky

Yep you got me. Where is surreal

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  8. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Good evening! I think the BTG needs to stop by!

9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

tis I. curky?

Alex

10. SurrealOne

My turn. [MENTION=33410]SupplySgt[/MENTION] is next.

And to answer the question, I'm in the RTP area and moving about 1.5 hours north -- to the area about 15 mins from VIR. i.e. Still in the central region of the state, just much closer to the VA border.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.