Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Guess the Next Poster - 2012 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Last day of current lease is May 12, so I need a place before that. Even so, it won't all settle down until the foreclosure auction occurs AND no upset bids take place (regardless of who holds the high bid, the auction's not done until 10 days elapse with no upset bids). It could be a while, but thanks for the well-wishes.

Curky next?

2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You got me. You watching me? lol another busy day here. It is kinda nice out today might clay bar my truck after work depending how everything goes today (needs done bad). Surreal again?

3. SurrealOne

You can wash, dry, and clay your truck in only a few hours? That takes me half a day (of spring daylight hours), alone -- and then I have to wax and remove the wax. Cleaning my truck is an all-day affair...

The pollen's begun its fall, here. We'll have a month of fine, dusty, yellow stuff everywhere -- it goes with the territory of living in a state covered in trees. I like to clean/clay/wax before it falls but it was too cold, so now I have to wait until after.

Curky again...

4. Curky

I washed and striped the wax yesterday. so today I would run it through the car wash on the way home before I get on the freeway to dry, lol then I can Clay bar it tonight in 2 hours then wax in and 1.5hrs. I get home about 4 ish so should be fine. So estimated finish time would be around 8. If it all works out. we will see but that is the plan surreal again

- - - Updated - - -

Surreal, what kind of wax do you use? I use all mothers produces but my boss is trying to get me to switch to zaino

5. SurrealOne

Turtle Wax Ice. It's a synthetic wax that can be applied in direct sunlight and leaves no white residue on plastics and rubbers. It's also very reasonably priced and I'm completely happy with both it and the spray detailer of the same brand. I've been old school, so far and used the paste, but I might try the liquid, this year. Maybe.

Curky again...

6. Curky

7. SurrealOne

15 bucks for 8oz? Spendy stuff! I just can't see spending a lot of money on wax that's going wither away on your vehicle. It's an ablative coating material, so look for the properties you desire (applicable in direct sunlight, doesn't leave white residue on trim) and treat it like an ablative material when buying the stuff!

Turtle Wax Ice is 13 bucks for 16 oz of liquid. The paste is 15 bucks for a tin (which will last for a long, long, long time). That's key to why I like paste wax ... you can control how much you use very readily and it outlasts liquids. Takes a little more time, but I don't mind an extra hour or two. (I think I just convinced myself not to try the liquid, this spring, as I have a perfectly good tin of paste.) My thinking is simple -- every dollar I save on things I know will wither away ... is a dollar I can put into a mod that won't!

Curky again.

8. Curky

good point but lets see if they send me a sample to do the truck at least once. I'll give it a chance then. I don't mine doing all that to my truck but if I could cut it down a little. I spent too much time doing it, at least most of two Saturdays a month. What is the kind of wax that stays when you wax it again (mutable coats). The wax I use I have to make sure it is off before the next coat. Surreal again (this would be an easier conversion with CHAT :grrrrrr:)

- - - Updated - - -

What about Adam's on here?

- - - Updated - - -
    [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] in less than an hour Sal Zaino himself emailed me and wants me to call him on Thursday.

9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Nah I wouldn't charge ya. Maybe some mod help now and then.... :)

Surreal next

Alex

10. SurrealOne

[MENTION=44531]Sierraowner5.3[/MENTION]: Heh!
    [MENTION=53221]Curky[/MENTION]: What will you tell him?

CR next...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.