1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Guess the Next Poster - 2012 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Be smart, then. Save up to buy what you want rather than taking a loan on it (which is basically throwing money away ... while something sits most of the time). Then when you buy it you will have no payments ... and can stop the on-call immediately. :)

Curky again.
  2. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

Yep, I understand. I will still do on call but not as much. 3 shifts sounds good. It is not bad most of the time. Well they should be back soon. We will see what happens. lol surreal again
  3. SurrealOne

I really want a King Quad 500AXI PS (Camo). I actually saw a good deal on a 2012 come up on Craigslist 2.5 weeks ago -- it was black but everything else was exactly what I wanted, and I'd have been ok with black. It had been well-cared for, too. However, I just can't justify buying an ATV until I own land on which I will use it both as a tool and a toy. It makes no sense to buy it just for it to sit. ( [MENTION=53354]AMac[/MENTION] does enough of that kind of thing for all of us!)

Curky again...
  4. Wana talk about throwing money away? I got two Suzuki Quad Racers 450(LTR-450s) a fully set up out of the box race ATV. One(yellow) was bought new for about 6k and the second(white)'was bought used for $3500 and I have replaced two pistons and resleeved the cylinder twice on the used one, and to go with also got a 26ft gear box toy hauler. The ATVs have sat in one spot for more than a yr, and the toy haulers is climbing up on TWO! All vehicles have insurance and paying $120 a month to store the toy hauler at a shut down marine base.

But there was a time when we were out every weekend no matter what the weather was, sadly those days it seems have come to an end 

Well I guess curly next..
  5. Curky

lol, They are nice. I don't have land but my cousin lives about 45 mins away and he has plenty of land. I could go there any time and my friend across the street has some property that he goes to a lot. There are places to go for me. I just need one. need something to put in the back of my truck and fun, lol I need some kind of fun in my life beside having a couple of beers. My friend is selling his Scrambler 500 for $3500. I would rather have the Renegade 650 or 800 but no cash right now.:grrrrrr: surreal again
  6. SurrealOne

I didn't mind investing in my trailer for hauling things (and ATV's were intended as one of them). It sits a lot (at the family lake house), but I use it, my family uses it, I've lent it to a neighbor (who happens to be the engineer doing the design work for my on board air system brackets), and I've helped a friend move with it. That's in the first 8 months of owning it -- so it's paying for itself in the form of not having to rent something AND having a lendable/tradable service object/tool. I also know that I'll be able to get most of my money out of it if it's well-cared for, as trailers seem to run 400-500ish under new pricing even after being 6+ years old and having worn tires.

But ATV's ... they lose value quickly. People buy them and make minimum payments on their high interest loans and then ask for what they owe on it ... and for that you can buy new! There's no way I'll take a loan on one, pay for it to sit, and watch its value ebb away.

I need to go pick up my newest front air manifold bracket and a new air pressure gauge, soon. Curky again...
  7. Curky

all makes sense. I know things will have to be fixed on any ATV. But they will last as long as you take care of them. The harder you ride them. The more money it will cost. But I would say 90% of my friends have had them for 10yrs+ and average about $300-$600 a year to fix or maintain. I am good with that. Surreal one more time before you take off
  8. SurrealOne

Actually you got me once I returned. Hrm, maybe Donyms before the day is done.
  9. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You got it S :great: I think you may check in again next. Surreal?
  10. SurrealOne

You got me! Now where's that Silverado 2005 LS? Damn, that name's too long to type out all the time. I don't know why but SOL is the acryonym that sticks out ... while also making me chuckle, so that's what I'm referring to him as on this thread, from now on.

SOL is up next...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.