1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Guess the Next Poster - 2012 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Yup I am. Help my grandmother pack a moving truck today. Tomorrow we unload it. Shes only moving from Newtown to Niantic(80 miles approx) but its enough stuff to fill a 26' GMC Topkick 7500 box truck.

Curky Next..

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm completely beat and will have to read/catch up tomorrow, as I have no energy whatsoever. Sarge next.

3. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I am indeed in. Just relaxing a little before bed. Y'all have a good one. Saw several trucks making me want those dadgum clearance lights. Ugh I want some of those so bad on my truck. donyms in the morning.

4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You got me again Sarge. I think CR will be around soon.......... :glasses:

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have yet to ascertain a purpose for clearance lights on pickup trucks. On 18 wheelers I get it, because you're far enough from the roof of the truck that if clearance is in question you can slowly get close to the object and compare the light location to that of the questionable object under which you are considering traveling. But on a pickup ... you're right there and can clearly see.

Then I considered visibility ... as in how easy you are for others to see. People won't see you any more clearly in the daytime and might not even notice they are on. And at night people will see your headlights well before they see clearance lights.

So, I ask that you educate me: What, exactly, is the functional purpose for clearance lights on a pickup truck (or SUV, etc.)?

Armin Van Buuren, DJ Tiesto, Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Above And Beyond, Robert Miles

Keep in mind trance music is often 5-9 mins per song, so you need to allow the first 45-60 seconds for it to get wherever it's going. Sometimes it can take closer to 1.5-2 mins, as in this tune, which is a splendid example of what trance music ultimately strives for ... that being auditory driving using tempo changes, (de)crescendo, repetition and/or echo to foster a spacial or ethereal sound/feeling, etc.

Auditory driving of what? Brainwave patterns (via brainwave entrainment). Go to this page and search on 'auditory driving' and read if you're seriously interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trance. You'll actually understand the point of trance ... and the light shows that tend to accompany it ... if you read about auditory and visual driving. You might also wish to read about brainwave entrainment, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwave_entrainment.

CR next...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I'm here we just finished unloading the moving truck and now we are trying to find space to put it all....

Surreal next

7. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Honestly Surreal, I'm not looking at it as far as functionality goes. I just like the way they look. Same with putting the 94-98 grille on mine. Functionally, the newer style grille does nothing different, I just think it looks better. Been thinking of little things here and there to enhance the appearance of the Burb.

Surreal next.

8. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

nope, it is me. I hope everyone had a good weekend. Do anything good? Surreal next

9. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good morning guys, I think Curky should come back now....... :glasses:

10. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

you got me. you did not do anything this weekend Donyms? Surreal should be up and at them already

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.