Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Guess the Next Poster - 2012 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You got me again. I did a white out on my bowtie yesterday just the back one for now. This weekend I will do a light sand of 400 and put a another coat on then clear coat it as well. need to buy a can of that. Surreal next

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Sorry for the late response I was to lazy to go on last night... I agree Under body and hood space is very limited in these trucks. You would think A Tahoe would have a lot of space as well, but because GM built such beefy drive train components, put a big fuel tank in and made the Tahoes have duels until hitting the muffler there's no room. Also the torsion bars eat up a lot of room.

In response to the earlier comment about putting a electric compressor on the spare battery tray, I have a factory tool box there which houses my aux fuses and relays, so that is a no go. I'm now realizing that the factory mechanical fan is taking far to much space which makes me want an electric one.

Curky next...

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

in before work. @ surreal, do you have any hard numbers you can throw at me as far as hp and torque, or is it all butt dyno, i know you got some mpg back, but im curious as to the hp and torque side of things.

i will say curky

Alex

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nope. I tuned for MPG, not performance, so I didn't care about HP and ft-lbf, at all. Thus, I have no hard numbers on them -- or even soft numbers on them ... because I simply didn't care about them. The truck has more than adequate HP and ft-lbf for all of my needs ... and it's not a racing vehicle ... and I wasn't trying to turn it into one.

If you're trying to get more performance then you should tune that way and throw MPG out the window (just as I tuned for MPG and tossed HP/torque out the window), as all significant (key word: significant) performance gains come at the expense of fuel economy -- until you get into scramjets, solar sails, and ion drives, that is. Minor performance gains you'll likely never notice. So do it hardcore ... or don't bother, I say.

You've got a 5.3L gasser, yes? Out of curiosity, for what application do you require more HP and ft-lbf from the system? What are your current measurements for each and how far below adequate do you feel they are for that application?

If space is the only reason you're thinking about that -- then I suggest you not bother. The space consumed by the fan shroud and fan will need to be left open for air flow. So you won't regain any space, really. It'll LOOK more open ... but only because you won't have the fan shroud in place. Take it from someone who has done the conversion...

It's past time for Curky...

5. Curky

im checking in. i left work due to migran. Im use to them since my surgery but sometimes so bad. i have seen the docs since then and only a couple of things work for me. the problem is withh everyone useing stuff like that to get high. they cut me off almost a year ago. so i find things that help me for when thing get real bad and keep them at home for days like this. so i had to leave and take a vaca day so i was paid for the day and get home to fix my problem. I can colect diability but for you guys that now me- I am always going. if i colected that, they would watch me and if i did something like work i would get sued and it taken away. never having a chance to get it in the future when it will be nesasary. but anyway!
    now that i am better i am going to make a french drain because next door yard floods me out and it is rainning. [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] - first on my cell so miss speeled a lot im sure and not good grammer. but question for you. how do you think this will look. i have the plastic front on my truck. sorry no pic. but you know how the bummper is like 6 peaces. you know the center medal peace. how would it look you think. if i paint that white with a white bowtie too. leave the rest black. i'm going for the black and white look all the way around with a totch of crome. surreal again

6. SurrealOne

[MENTION=53221]Curky[/MENTION], I'm having trouble imaging what you're asking about, so I can't render an opinion. I'll need to see a pic...

Curky again...

7. Curky

ok, i will do one in the morning. that would be easyier, maybe i can do a quick and rough photo shop before you stop in tomorrow. we will see how it plays out. i think it would look cool but also could be bad,lol ill do my best. i know i kind of rambled in last post too. that is the meds. lol

- - - Updated - - -

surreal again

8. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I'm in. Surreal the E-fans are for other reasons as well like better cooling, and not having that massive fan there that interferes with working on the truck. I may just as some aux fans in front of the radiator as pushers to increase cooling for the tranny cooler and such. As you can see there is little room under my hood that is usable. there is open space, but no where to mount things.

2011-06-14_12-06-17_650.jpg

Sierra next.

9. SurrealOne

Sarge is up...

10. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Yup I'm in. Just relaxing right now. Only one more day in my week this week. Then I'll be off to Oklahoma. Contemplating things for the truck as always and also for the 78 Camaro I'll be picking up in the relatively near future. The Camaro has a Vortec 350 in it with the upgraded spider. I'd be tempted to go with a Mini-Ram so I could go back to a stock looking hood, just be a matter of getting a tuner for the motor. I have too many ideas for my own good LOL. Curky in the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.