1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Guess the Next Poster - 2012 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

It's me. Finished my laundry and just relaxing now. I'm guessing CR next.
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Yup I'm around

SupplyStg again
  3. SupplySgt

Yup I'm in. Just relaxing for the evening and looking into some potential job leads back home so I can move later this year. CR again.
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Sounds interesting I'm looking into how to do an all on with high beams mod for the truck. I just don't want to mess with the factory wires to much. Also need to study for my AP Physics exam tomorrow.. Not looking forward to that exam.

Supply again.
  5. SupplySgt

I looked into clearance lights for the Burb but decided to hold off on that due to the drilling and wiring involved. I'll wait till I have to drill holes for antennas for my ham radios and already have the headliner down before I mess with that. I think my next appearance mod will the 94-98 grille.

I'm gonna guess CR one more time.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Suggestion -- pre-wire it ... so that when you're ready it's just drilling/mounting/connecting. This effectively divides the project into smaller, bite-sized chunks. Wiring's just time and materials ... and the material cost is low, which also helps.

As for drilling -- the idea of drilling holes in the roof is kinda creepy ... in that 'what if it doesn't seal properly ... or remain sealed?' kinda way.

You might PM [MENTION=52280]PantheraUncia[/MENTION], as I believe the 96's and 99's may be similar and know he was looking into an equiv of the diode mod for his 99. He may be able to save you some time by sharing the results of his research.

Sarge is up.
  7. SupplySgt

I understand what you're saying Surreal. The drilling holes part has been done countless times in the amateur radio community. Allows a shorter cable to be run which translates into greater efficiency in terms of signal. I've had a "through the windshield" mount before and, while it's better than the stub antenna on the radio, it's far from ideal. Most of the antennas that you can buy for ham setups are built with the sealing concern in mind. I'll save the bumper mount for some of the lower bands (like 10m, 20m, and, if I put one in there, CB) because those bands require a longer antenna. 2m and 70cm use relatively small antennae and need to go on the roof to be most effective.

Police cars typically do the same thing as well. Many of them mount onto the roof as opposed to the trunk on regular patrol cars for the same reason. Their SUVs are almost always roof mounted. The better methods of mounting antennae (from an efficiency standpoint) usually require drilling. Even ones mounted on the edge of a trunk require it as well.

Surreal next.
  8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I went with HID's instead of playing chop shop with my headlight wiring harness. The best resource for 99-02 silverado/sierra's is here:

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...16614-1999-2002-4-high-headlight-details.html

(I will not post to this game thread again, so don't say I am posting next)

:party:

Have a great night.
  9. SupplySgt

I'm in one last time before bed. I'm gonna guess Curky in the morning.
  10. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You got me. Hope everyone's weekend was good. Mine was busy. Did a side job witch was said 2 yards of mulch. Nope took 5 yards of mulch. Since they payed for materials separate than me and it took the same time as I thought originally. So got paid the same. I want to say CR before Donyms
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.