Guess the Next Poster - 2012 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You got me, Still car hunting for the kid. surreal you still around

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Got busy and am just now getting something to eat. Think I'm going to call Deaver Suspension and see what they say about some new springs so I can do away with my rear blocks. Maybe Curky once more.

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

nope its me.

bored while on duty.... ick.
    [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION], let me know what deaver says. i might be looking at that as well.

trying to get my ducks in a row for my truck before i move back to minnesota, got the tow mirrors, now im working on a air compressor, brake controller and so on.

then later this fall the hunt for a 7x12 or 7x14 tandem axle v nose trailer starts.

ill say surrel again, since i tagged him.

4. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

No No No, not today. Sierra again

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry I was reading property listings.

@Sierraowner5.3, with regard to the trailer, take some advice -- used ones go for darn near as much as new ones (often more, depending on if the current owner overpaid or not!) ... and have wear on their tires. I paid less for my trailer (including tax and NC tag that is a permanent tag) BRAND NEW, ordered (which meant I paid half, up front) exactly the way I wanted it ... than I would have for a used one with fewer options was selling, locally.

Now, granted, I had to drive to Dover, NC, to pick it up (from Capps Trailers: http://www.cappstrailers.com/) ... but still. Price shop ... and give new a look compared to used ... and call places to price shop/compare on something you can order if what you want isn't in stock.

Just remember to re-torque the lugs after the first 40 or so miles if you buy new ... and then again after the first 100. With no load!

Where's Sarge?

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

me again.
    [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION], thanks for the link. So you know, I was planning on buying new. When im gonna be towing it 1400 miles or so, id rather not have to worry about used tires, hubs and so on.

im thinking dony in the morning.

Alex

7. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I'm in. But with a very heavy heart. It wasn't my hometown hit today, but it was still my home state, and a place that I have been to many times growing up. I've also been to Shawnee (which was impacted Sunday) several times as well). I just wish I could be out there to help. As I've mentioned before, the main reason for everything I put on my truck (and my future planned mods) has been not only for storm chasing, but for emergency response. When chasing storms I know that I'll be one of the first on the scene if something truly tragic happens. I'm heartwarmed to know that there were chasers who stopped chasing to help because that's what I would do. I know there are some in that community who are only there for the glory and adrenaline who would not do the same. With my medical training from the military, it would be selfish of me not to use it to help my own fellow citizens in their time of need.

Everyone please say a prayer for those affected by the storms of the past few days. Thankfully my family was not affected, but I really wish I was out there helping. My truck can be fixed if it were damaged trying to help recovery efforts, and I could always catch up on sleep (which I wouldn't get for a long time if I were out there), but it would be worth all the risk if I had been able to help out there.

I'm headed for bed. Guessing Curky in the morning.

8. Curky

you got me. I wish I could help but there is no way. Can't afford it for one with not what is going on with my job at this time still. Donyms next

9. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You got it buddy, That was nice of you to translate that introduction. :great: I think Curky may come back soon. :glasses:

10. Curky

you got me! well, I saw it and I wanted to know what he said to see if it was spam. I figure, I mine as well post it because a lot of people would just pass it up. maybe donyms will come back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.