1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Guess the Next Poster - 2012 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I gave him time. Curky should be around soon...
  2. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

yep, I'm around busy day before long weekend. get to go in 30mins, surreal again

- - - Updated - - -

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/3816827583.html where is everyone???? i'm so board....... looking at a Jeep Sat. for the kid.I don't know why when i copyed the link it when there and not where i put it. i hate web & facebook on my phone. this is why you never see me on the weekends. im going crazy board right now. [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] WHER ARE YOU, lol
  3. SurrealOne

That's a pretty nice Jeep. I bet you could get it for 3k cash on the barrelhead. I'm about to go to the family lake house to pick up the mail, feed the cat, etc. since the family is away. Curky again, despite this late hour.
  4. Curky

You got me, how did you know.LOL. Hope you have a good night. I'M sure I will stop in again this weekend. That is what I thought on the jeep since it has been on for about a week. I pretty sure I know what I'm looking for. I think. I'll do my best. I'll let you know but sure I'll be in before then. I'll go with SupplySgt next. I HATE MY PHONES lasted update. I changes everything. Sorry this is probable worse than norm. LMAO
  5. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

Curky is correct. I'm in. Just relaxing a bit after work. Finally the day is over. I didn't get but 2 hours of sleep last night so I'm looking forward to sleeping tonight. Pretty sure the only thing that kept me going was coffee and energy drinks (which I rarely drink unless I am truly running on fumes). At least tomorrow is Friday. I'm hoping Nissan quits early tomorrow. Btw my current phone (with the Google Chrome browser) is a lot easier to browse the forums. I'm not nearly as reluctant to check into forums from my phone as I used to be. Anyway I'm guessing donyms in the morning.
  6. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You got it my friend, I hope you all have a good Friday and a great weekend. Curky is up now.......... :glasses:
  7. Curky

Yep, it is me. I'm a little upset. Found a Jeep for my kid, I think. But can't get anyone to go with me that knows about cars because all of you know I can replace something but really not good enough to look over one and say that's good. My dude is packing for a trip tomorrow and my cousin is getting his kids ATV ready for a race. All the shops by the aria Akron,OH are booked. It is about 1.5hrshas away. Looks like I might loose a good deal AGAIN. NOT HAPPY! Surreal next
  8. SurrealOne

@Curky next time just inquire if you can have it looked over by a mechanic of your choosing and call around to a few reputable shops to see if they can make time to look the vehicle over. This gives you options. It won't be free but you won't miss a good deal if you expand your options like this. (And paying 60-80 clams is well worth it if it either spares you a headache or allows you to proceed knowing you won't have headaches ... or allows you to proceed knowing exactly what you'll need to do.)

I had to do this several times when looking for my truck. Some trucks I drove to see were as far as 200 miles from me (because extended cabs w/ 8 foot beds are just not that common). Getting a mechanic to ride 400 miles round trip is a huge favour to ask in terms of time ... and would cost 4 hours if I were to pay. It just made sense to contact a few local places prior to the drive ... and walk into one of them and say 'Hey, I'm so and so who called, yesterday, about a pre-sale mechanical inspection ... you said you could make time, so here I am.'

I never encountered a single shop that said they wouldn't do it. The reason is likely that they spend 15-20 mins with a vehicle ... and charge an hour of labour for it. That's a good return and worth the interruption for the mechanic/shop.

Anyway, if you're not doing that ... you might want to give it a go -- rather than miss the deals you want to try to land. It's trading cash for time/opportunity ... an in economy where time is money.

Sarge is next.
  9. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, I guess Sarge isn't going to make it. Surreal again maybe? :glasses:
  10. Curky

nope, it is me. Well after talking with this person many time to make sure i knew if it would be worth the time. we drive 1.5hrs. I get out all of sudden there is a list of things. i crawl under, LMAO the only thing that was not leaking was the rear diff. the oil, trans., and front diff was leaking. my wife was talking with them and i staind up ans say NOPE. everyone nice attitude turned real quik. Wife said i was rude. I said **** them we asked them many of times if anything was leaking. going to look at 3 right now. a lot closer. donyms next
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.