Guess The Next Poster

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by Thundare, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sleeping all day? Who has time for that? I'm changing some of my courses now, and I did a bunch of stuff on my truck today to get ready for tomorrow's road trip... except that the other guy who's driving now wants all 6 of us & our gear to go in his <$2000 van on a trip that will take us through the Roger's Pass (well-known for bad winter driving conditions) instead of 3 in the van and 3 in the superior Avalanche.

Erica next...

2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Not Erica
    I would stick with the safer venue
    Pmf next

3. pmf608

Yep, me again. Still contemplating.... depending on what the van is like when I get there tomorrow, I might have to pass on the trip. My gut says not to go in the van if it is the way I am imagining it (haven't actually seen it but I know what his budget was and what that gets you around here), but we're all students so the others want to save money and I cant afford the cost or fallout with the others of taking my truck myself.

Coach next.

4. Coach24

How many can you fit in the avalanche ?
    I would think you vehicle would be safest and most reliable.
    I am with you in bailing if it is to sketchy?Pmf is next

5. pmf608

I can fit 5 in the Avy. This is the situation where I wish it had the rest of the back on it (aka. Suburban). I honestly don't know what to do here since I haven't seen the van yet, but I know that either way it would be safer to take my newer, known-maintained 4wd truck. Even as just a second vehicle just in case something happens along the way. On the other hand, we are students and on a budget so if everyone else wants to save ~$60 each, there's not much I can do about that because I can't pick up the $350-$400 it would probably take in gas to take my own truck. So.... I guess I'll have to see the van in the morning when I get there and make the decision then.

On the other hand, if it happens to be a minivan instead of a full-size van, I know that there is no reasonable way to fit 6 people and their ski gear in it.

surrealone next

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You said that becaue you were lurking on chat and knew I was up (don't think I didnt' see you hanging around)! Sarge next.

7. pmf608

:rules: Now you're getting it...

surrealone's still on chat, so he'll be back next

8. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Nope but I am thinking sarge will show up

9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'm here now... Sorry Serge is next

10. Coach24