1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Guy buys a $70,000 ram

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, May 30, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

1 person likes this.
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would never need that expensive of a truck nor would I be paying sticker price but if someone needs it then it's worth it. Especially if you can afford it. Cool post
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

hey if the guy wants to spendthat kind of dough, thats his business. the problem gets to be that GM and dodge and ford see people buying trucks for those kinds of prices, and figure that lots of people will pay that kind of money.

Alex
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The dealership I frequent for service normally has 3 $65k or better priced trucks sitting in the showroom, a lot of times one of them will be a gas LTZ with every option available, dont know if they sell them or just swap them out for a different truck but the same truck is never in the showroom.
    The average truck going out the door is a crewcab LT 1500, Texas edition priced at $39k after adding dealer options, once you start adding any other extras the price climbs real fast.
    Definately way more than I'd pay for a truck but there are people out there that will pay the price, keep in mind the dealership and GM are gonna make their profit, better they make it off someone else than us.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Quoted from the article:
    "I spend 50 percent of my time in my truck, so my philosophy is to get the best."

My thoughts on that comment:
    Clearly the man's philosophy is broken, as he'd have bought a GM truck if he got the best.
  6. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I wonder what his gallons per mile is? :rofl:
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

About 10-15 at tops... And A ride that will loosen his Fillings in his teeth....
  8. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Here is Canada, up here (up north in BC), that is nothing for a truck, the top models start about that, and go over $80,000 or more...
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Inflated Canadian currency. Yick.
  10. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member 100 Posts

I could spend $70,000 and almost build the truck I want from the ground up...I just don't see the point considering the hell some of us put our trucks through.