1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

H E L P ..Question about gears in a 4X4 !!!!!! H E L P ..

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by DAREDEVIL, Dec 12, 2010.

1. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Hi all,

as some of u guys can see i have a 1996 K2500 with a 14 bolt 1 ton rear end.

NOW.... i am doing a diesel swap and need to change the gears in the front and rear, which options do i have other then 4:10..which i have now ???!!!!!

I was thinking somewhere on the line of 3:50ish ????

Does anybody know what GM or so made to stick in there ????:neutral:

Please remember that its a 4X4 and they have to match and the front is a 12 bolt diff...rear is a 14 bolt full floater 1 ton axle !!!!!!!

LET ME KNOW PLEASE !!

PS, the story behind this is i dont want to loose much pulling power ..but i also dont want to just go 65 MPH on the highway !!!!

I am thinking either a 3:42 or 3:73....but i dont know if i can find them for a 4X4 in my aplication so they match up.
    This is basicly the question i am asking and if so , where to find them !!!!!!?????

THANKS
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010