1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

H.I.D. Kit

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by billetman, May 26, 2011.

1. billetman

billetman New Member

Hey everyone,

I have been on the internet all over the place and can't seem to find an hid kit to order that I can trust. I have heard alot of people ordering kits, then the kits being junk. Does anyone have any guidance for me? Maybe a kit to order?? Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks.

Billetman

2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There are several places to order from. Just do online reviews. I ordered mine from a dealer on eBay. I just shopped around on a little bit, made sure to read their reviews and ratings. I love my kit. I got the kit and a relay kit for less than $50 shipped, and its all plug and play. If you don't feel comfortable with eBay, one of the most common and highly rated companies is DDM tuning.

3. billetman

billetman New Member

thanks Mean_Green, yeah I have dealt with ebay alot, there are just some things on ebay I am werey of. I have seen there are alot of kits available on ebay, I was just wondering if anyone had found a kit that they were really happy with.

Thanks Billetman

4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I bought mine from www.carid.com and will receive mine next week and i will make sure to tell you how i like it it's the Notto 10,000k Hid set low beams.

5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I like DDM tuning. They have a good selection of HID kits, and for not a whole lot of $$$$. Plus each of their kits comes with a lifetime warranty.

6. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

No problem billetman. Like I said, do a lil research and you'll find a good deal on a good kit. One thing though, buy a relay kit. It prolongs the life of the ballasts it you do. Plus if you you have some high electrical demands, it wont affect the head lights as much.

7. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I bought a some replacement bulbs from Amazon....have you tried local shops?

8. billetman

billetman New Member

sstoner911, i have not tried any local shops. Living in Wichita there aren't many local shops.
    Rockstarrchevy81, sounds good. Hope the kit works out well for you.
    TELORVEHC, I might have to try the website you gave me, and see what its about.

Thanks again to everyone.

Billetman

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

btw, nice trucks you guys got!!

billetman

9. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I ordered mine from vvme.com and have been very happy with them. The ballasts are made by Hella and the bulbs are Sylvania. There's a post on here by Rotaryenginepete that covers HIDs. Good post, and helps with install if you need it.

10. DIGS16

DIGS16 Rockstar 100 Posts

i second Als09Sierra, i bought mine from vvme.com and never had a problem with them, they held up through the rain and daily driving use, didnt melt housing, even help up after my accident that broke every other light bulb on the front end.... vvme.com is the lowest price u will find anywhere, and i mean anywhere, and they are reallly goood