H2 Rims and Chevy Center Caps

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 03HeavyHalf, Apr 15, 2011.

1. 03HeavyHalf

03HeavyHalf Rockstar

I got h2s on my 03 1500hd and i had the centers from my 16s on there and they are starting to just wobble loose so i had to throw on the hummer centers,:grrrrrr: so is there a year that would fit better or am i SOL?

2. 03HeavyHalf

03HeavyHalf Rockstar

come on guys.

3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Are your wheels 6 lug or 8 lug? How long does it usually take the center caps to become loose once you have them on your truck?

4. 03HeavyHalf

03HeavyHalf Rockstar

8 lug, its a 1500HD. it takes like 10 minutes lately. i can hear it wobble around. its usually only the back 2 that do it.

5. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

try getting new ones from chevy for the same year as the H2 the wheels came off of

6. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

may sound stupid have you tried some good double edge sticky tape? just snow balling here

7. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah I think all the center caps from the years are pretty much the same. You try some NBS ones??

8. 03HeavyHalf

03HeavyHalf Rockstar

Well i thought about doin that, but i already know theyd bend me over for a new set. So i was considering keeping the hummer caps, but painting the small center part that says hummer black. any ideas on painting chromed plastic?

9. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just scuff it up good with a scotch pad and clean it real nice before you paint and you should be good to go!

10. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

hold on, they're the ones that pop on over the lugs right? you should be able to use pliers to close up the metals tabs that squeeze the lugs or see if you you can find a slightly larger bodied lug nut with the stock size bore and thread pitch