H2 wheel O ring

Discussion in 'Hummer Forum' started by X-Hibition, Jul 14, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. X-Hibition

X-Hibition New Member 100 Posts

I've been bugging my Suburban brethren with this question with no success. I purchased a full set (5) of OE H2 wheels that included caps, lug nuts, and five O rings...

What are the O rings for/where do they go?

Please.
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

this one has got me stumped, been trying to research it and all i can find is the H1 wheels that have orings
  3. X-Hibition

These were take-offs from a guy who wanted twenties on his H2. That's why I got all five, and caps and lugs and he included the five O rings. I don't have his contact information anymore so I'm waiting for an H2 owner to chime in...
  4. X-Hibition

Any H2 owners with stock wheels?
  5. X-Hibition

Still curious. Any exploded diagrams out there?
  6. kgibson181

kgibson181 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The O-rings are they little flemsy pieces of rubber or are they like hard plastic. If they are little flemsy rubber O-rings then thats wierd but if they are hard plastic then they are hub centric spacers. They are used incase those wheels are put on a vehicle requiring hub centric wheels, which basically means the wheel has to be smack dab center on the hub. These rings make the wheels center up if they go on a vehicle that needs it to do so. If your wheels are not hub centric on your vehicle now then you will not need the spacers.
  7. X-Hibition

I don't think of them as flimsy, but they are rubber O-rings. These wheels were take offs by the original owner. He sent me everything, wheels, caps, lug nuts, and five O-rings (I got the spare).

This is not hub vs. lug centric or anything like that.
  8. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Im not 100% sure, but my guess would be that it has something to do with sealing the central tire inflation system (ctis) on the hummer. it was an option on the h2.
  9. X-Hibition

I hope you are right.

I don't have CTIS on the Sub and I'm not driving the Mach 5. I fill the tires myself.

Thanks.
  10. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 New Member 100 Posts

Pictures please?