1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

H2 wheel O ring

Discussion in 'Hummer Forum' started by X-Hibition, Jul 14, 2009.

1. X-Hibition

X-Hibition Rockstar 100 Posts

I've been bugging my Suburban brethren with this question with no success. I purchased a full set (5) of OE H2 wheels that included caps, lug nuts, and five O rings...

What are the O rings for/where do they go?

Please.

2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

this one has got me stumped, been trying to research it and all i can find is the H1 wheels that have orings

3. X-Hibition

These were take-offs from a guy who wanted twenties on his H2. That's why I got all five, and caps and lugs and he included the five O rings. I don't have his contact information anymore so I'm waiting for an H2 owner to chime in...

4. X-Hibition

Any H2 owners with stock wheels?

5. X-Hibition

Still curious. Any exploded diagrams out there?

6. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The O-rings are they little flemsy pieces of rubber or are they like hard plastic. If they are little flemsy rubber O-rings then thats wierd but if they are hard plastic then they are hub centric spacers. They are used incase those wheels are put on a vehicle requiring hub centric wheels, which basically means the wheel has to be smack dab center on the hub. These rings make the wheels center up if they go on a vehicle that needs it to do so. If your wheels are not hub centric on your vehicle now then you will not need the spacers.

7. X-Hibition

I don't think of them as flimsy, but they are rubber O-rings. These wheels were take offs by the original owner. He sent me everything, wheels, caps, lug nuts, and five O-rings (I got the spare).

This is not hub vs. lug centric or anything like that.

8. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Im not 100% sure, but my guess would be that it has something to do with sealing the central tire inflation system (ctis) on the hummer. it was an option on the h2.

9. X-Hibition

I hope you are right.

I don't have CTIS on the Sub and I'm not driving the Mach 5. I fill the tires myself.

Thanks.

10. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Pictures please?