1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Had to do the hardest job I have ever had today ...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by okiemudslinger, Sep 17, 2013.

1. okiemudslinger

okiemudslinger New Member

I'm a Vol. fire chief in the small town I live in and have been in fire service of about 31 years give or take. and this morning I had to go tell one of my firemen's wife that she lost her son in a car accident. My fireman was out of town about three hours away also so its hard to tell a mom she lost her 18 year son. and if you know any firemen most of them have scanners at home so she hear us tell dispatch we were doing CPR and then to call the M.E.. Sure ruined a nice 2013 GMC Sierra 4x4 crewcab. looks like he was driving a little fast and went off the road and came back on and off the other side and back on side ways and blow a tire and rolled about 4-5 time and came out of the truck while it was rolling.

I sure do not want to have to do that again.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, I can't imagine. 18 years old huh? Jeeze, what a shame. God bless you and the other first responders, I know it takes a heavy toll sometimes and we don't often say thank you enough.
  3. okiemudslinger

okiemudslinger New Member

its not as hard when you don't know the person but when your kids grow up together and you work with the father for the last 17 years since we have been in town.
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You guys have a job few of us envy. A friend of mine is a VF as well, a number of years ago, he and others responded to a 2 car head-on. One of the cars was his sister and her kids. The sister didn't make it.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ugh, that's like a bad b-grade movie plot. Just can't imagine.