Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Had to share, new suspention on the way

Discussion in 'Lowered & Urban Suspension' started by McMahan, Jul 7, 2011.

1. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey every one I was stoked about this. Just ordered my new suspension for the SS today got all McGaughty's 4/6 drop, got 2" drop spindles and 2" drop keys for the rear I did a 6" flip kit with c-notch. Still have to get the shocks but I will be running 22"s. I know most of you are 4X4 guys and prob hate lowered trucks but I just wanted to share my excitement with yall. Tell me what yall think

Justin

Here is a pic I found of a silvy with the same kit

[​IMG]
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Can't wait to see it, and as far lowered trucks go, I'm a fan! My truck is a Z71 4X4 and it's lowered 2/4(keys up front, shackles and block delete in the rear) with plans to be 4/6 (spindles and drop leafs) so it'll be nice to have some company!
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Your truck will look great with the new kit. McGaughty's is great stuff. Is your truck AWD or rear drive?
  4. McMahan

Outstanding!!!! Feb 2012 need to hurry up and get here, I am becoming to impaitent

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Its 2wd I got a real good deal on it and plus you know being from the south it doesn't snow to to much so I just couldn't pass it up. I will say this that truck will burn out for days lol
  5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

:rofl: LMAO, I can see your truck doing burnouts right now...

Whether lifted or lowered, I think performance is the common thread that ties both camps together. Up or down doesn't matter, as long as it's not the stock GM nose down look that gives me a headache.... & mashing the loud pedal & smoking the tires once in a while is always good
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

congrats on the new lowering kit, cant wait to see it. I may be in the put it sky high crowd, but I'm a fan of good looking trucks one way or the other.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

We are a divided house here, my truck is lifted and my wifes is lowered.:lol:
  8. BillM

BillM Rockstar 100 Posts

Justin, Sounds good to me, even if I have a stock height Z71. Lowered trucks should be able to go around corners better due to lower center of gravity. Maybe bigger sway bars are in order, too.
    You have Tru-Trac posi, right. I was thinking of that myself. How is that working out? My Rear is my weak link. I have a 10 bolt rear with stock posi. My friends say I need to upgrade to a 14 bolt with a Detroit Tru-Trac and Strange axels, but that is a lot of money.
    Good Luck with the upgrade!
  9. silveradotrailblazer

BillM, if you upgrade your rear end then the transmission will be the weak link. Its never ending.:lol:
  10. McMahan

For the most part I drive like a granny but its nice to cut her loose every now and then LOL

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

I am in the process of getting some sway bars for the SS now. I have a GM 14 bolt with a Detroit Tru-Trac and absolutly love it, its a little bouncy but not to bad but its cool having both wheels push you though. The stock GM G80 locker isnt bad at all untill you start putting some big HP and TQ numbers to it. For now just get you a good 14 bolt with some 3:73 and a stock G80 and you will be fine

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

STB X2 brother its a never ending cycle lol