1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Halogen bulbs or Projector lights??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Tyler Kellogg, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Tyler Kellogg

Tyler Kellogg New Member

should i go with halogen replacement bulbs for my 05 colorado or the whole nine yards with the projector headlights?? i'm on an air base in germany, so the easiest installation would be the best way to go for me, as long as it's reliable. what's your guys' thought?
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I just bought PIAA H1 bulbs to put in my projector headlights, So I'll let you know if there is any difference from those. I personally love the idea of projector headlights, and I know you have seen the Colorado on here with the projectors on it. The main thing with those is they are hit and miss, some people get them and they are awesome and other's get them and they are holy terror. With you being in Germany you would be able to get some sweet deals maybe, along with some bulbs that are not sold here in the U.S. There are many places that make the projectors today, Matrix, Anzo, APC, DJM, IPCW, and a couple other one's. They range from $200 all the way up to $400, and the replacement LED's will run you about $3.00 each.
  3. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

I love the idea of haven projector light on my truck but like amy said its a hit and miss and most of the time its a miss so I went with halogen lights and I love them check out my pics.