Hand held worth the money for stock '03 tahoe?

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by Smoke Em All, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Smoke Em All

Smoke Em All Member

Basically I'm thinking of buying a hand held for my tahoe. Currently it is all stock. Isnit worth bthe money on a syock vehicle to buy the tuner? I do plan to do an CAI and exhaust in the future. Any input and best bang for buck tuner options would be grately appreciated.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a jet hand held. It is ok, I do notice a difference in shifting and it seems to have a little more power than before. My mpg went up slightly. In hindsight I would just spend the few extra bucks and get an autocal custom tune from Blackbear (still a handheld) or a diablew custom tune using a diablo tuner. I have been told that the results can be amazing from the couple guys I talked to that have custom tunes from these guys on stock trucks. My canned jet tune is nothing compared to the results these guys get

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

For Tuning your Tahoe, going with a Custom Tune will give you the Best Return on your Investment, and one of the Tuning Company's to take a look at is....Black Bear(Link Below)Performance Tunes, also you would want to do the Upgrades/Mods you've mentioned before going with any Tune.

Link

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/services.asp

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/faqs.asp

I have a Custom Tune from Black Bear, and from this Tune, .....Other than a Pure HP Gains, the Overall Drivability has been Increased.....I'm Very Impressed with the way My Engine Now Runs-n-Performs.

4. Smoke Em All

Smoke Em All Member

Thanks guys. I'm jot looking to get tons of hp but, I'd like to better my mileage and make sure everything is running smooth.

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Along with the Performance, HP Gains, my Fuel Mileage has also Improved.....from going with this Custom Tune from Black Bear.

6. Smoke Em All

Smoke Em All Member

Ok cool thanks I will definitely check these places out.