1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

handy cleaning tip!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by suburban2500, Nov 21, 2009.

1. suburban2500

suburban2500 New Member

ok just bought a box of mr clean magic erasers there amazing can be used on anything from dash to leather to plastic they literally buff out any amount of dirt even if its grease brake dust spilled soda you name it it works great leaves the material alittle dry and kills your hands after awhile but its totally worth it because there are no chemicals your only using water youll truly be shocked trust me!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have used those on my chrome rims for the longest time, they have never scratched or damaged the wheels either. They work on brake dust really well, I always keep a box in the garage for cleaning emergencies.
  3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Oh ya! They are the bomb! I'm with you , these things are great for almost any job!:great:
  4. Snyder729

Snyder729 New Member

I love those things i dont understand how they work but they are amazing.
  5. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

great tip! thanks for the heads up, I would have never thought to use them on my truck. looking fwd to giving them a try
  6. Silvercat

Silvercat New Member

MrClean has teeth

An excellent product...when used properly. True, theres no soaps or chemicals, they are nice and soft and seemingly harnless.
    BUT!!!... DO NOT wash your face with them like I did!! Do Not Try this at all. I thought my face was on fire and gonna explode.
    I was spray painting...so far so good. Till the wind caught a bit and blew it back in my face...well hell with it I says. I'll finish this up then deal with it
    Off to the house to try and get the paint off...ummm lets see here, soap FAIL! Wash cloth, FAIL. Mmmmmm nice soft spongy thing, cool this'll do. Actualy it didnt feel bad till I stopped. I was screaming like an 8 year old school girl when I was 1/2 done, WHAT the HELLS in this stuff I yells to the wife..... errr nuthin she says. OK then, why is my face on fire from such a soft cushy thing. Damn it took hours for the fire to go out and the next day I wake up with red sploches and scabs on my face where I got a bit to aggressive.
    Lesson learned, just cuz its soft doesnt mean its cuddly.
    MrClean truely does have teeth.

P.S. I still use them, I swear by the things they work so well, and no soaps or streaks.
    I guess they cant idiotproof everything till an idiot comes along and trys it.