Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Hankook dynapro atm

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by burhead, Jan 12, 2011.

1. burhead

burhead New Member

Anyone running these? I am scheduled to have a set installed tomorrow. I currently have terra grapplers and I loved them at first but they wore quicker than I expected(less than 30k). I had settled on trail grapplers but no one can get them in a timely manner around here. Also considered the Fierce MT but they looked like they would be loud as hell. The tire guy said they had installed alot these and alot of people liked them. I'm a little nervous as I usually research the hell out of everything I buy and I kinda just jumped at these. Price is 210 apiece installed. Much cheaper than most of the mud tires I was looking at. I think for the type of driving I do I really need an AT and not a MT but I was kind of going for the aggresive look. I hope I'm not the guinea pig!

2. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I love them. Great dry traction as well as good wet traction. For ride quality and sound, they sound as quiet as the ones from the factory. Also the ride is very smooth, unlike most aggressive tire options. I all but up for my rotation, and you can't tell they've been used. They are really holding up for me and I love them. Great off road and on road tire and as of now I haven't lost traction in snow here in the NE. Hope you like them like I do.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Also see if they will match discount tire's $135 price, thats what I got Jack William's Tire to do.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Here you go, hope this helps.

http://http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/filterTireProducts.do?vid=007732&yr=2003&cs=265&ar=75&rd=16&counter=1&sw=false&fcb=Hankook&fcpr=*&fcsr=*&fclr=*&x=22&y=17

3. burhead

burhead New Member

Price must have gone up or I am looking at a different size. I tried that link and it wouldn't work. I show them on discount tire direct for 194 a piece. The place I get my tires usually gives me a similar price as what discount shows. Atleast thats what I found on my last set of nittos. I'm glad to hear you like them. I hear they wear very well. I looked at a bunch of reviews. Most guys that didn't like them had them on toyotas. There was alot of positives and a few griped about the tires side walls being too soft. Good looking tire, hope they perform as well as they look. Ill get some pics up tomorrow.

4. burhead

burhead New Member

Got them installed today. My initial impression is very good. Great looking tire, not quite as aggressive as I wanted but they look good. They seem to work great in the snow. My nittos were somewhere between 1/2 and 1/4 tread. The 2 on the rear were worn to where they needed replaced. The fronts didn't look that bad but in the snow you could tell they all needed replaced. I couldn't go anywhere without 4 wheel drive. The true test was my driveway. It is snow covered, steep and has a 180 turn and a 90 turn so it is kinda tricky in the winter. I dont recall getting up it very many times in 2wd. I tried it twice this morning with no success. Tried it when I got home and walked right up it but had to go easy on the throttle. I was shocked. Time will tell but so far I am impressed. Mud is going to be the next thing but we won't see any of that until spring. The tire guy said these would wear better than the nittos but said they wouldn't do as well in the mud.

5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Dude I love my kelley Fierce MT. Best tire i've ever owned. Great price. I've put 20,000 miles on them and they look brand new. I live in a snowy area and they do great. I also have a 3 hour commute quite often and those tires are silent on the highway. I've had a lot of compliments on how quiet they are.

6. burhead

burhead New Member

Are those the ones made by goodyear? The ones I was looking at were made by goodyear but were branded under the fierce logo. They also had barbed wire on the sidewall. They looked super aggressive with alot of spacing between the lugs. The thing I liked was they had more siping that most MTs. I read mixed reviews on them but most seemed to like them.

7. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No they are made by Kelley.

8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

so random information. Kelly tires was bought by goodyear in 1935, but they still run the kelly name. on the kelly site they dont even list the fierce lineup of tires. You have to go to fiercetires.com and there are three tires. the tread pattern is very similar to the goodyear duratracs (outer lugs are the same middles are a touch different). Kinda like how cooper makes, procomp, micky thompson, and a couple others.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  9. burhead

burhead New Member

Here are some pics. I think any bigger would have been pushing it. They almost rub on the front bumper when turning. I also need to add a bit of air to my bags to bring the rear up just a touch.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  10. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

the truck and tire setup looks good. hope they work out well for ya