1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Happy Day: Rock Auto is awesome; great help/price for CAT set up

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by SuMcD, Aug 22, 2013.

1. SuMcD

SuMcD New Member

:happy: First, I am not sure if I am posting this in the right area. If not my apologies! After searching long and hard for the whole catalytic converter set up ... 2 cats with Y pipes, and

for the proper four O2 sensors which had me in a funk due to the high cost of all parts needed. Interestingly each day calling vendor after vendor, dealer after dealer, and even the

original dealership in Canada, I received answers I was looking for. First off, "my so called CANADIAN 2000 Chevy Silverado" which I and everyone thinking that it was made in the

Oshawa Chevy Plant in Canada was surprisingly manufactured in Fort Wayne Indiana. This is just one of two plants that Canada get their trucks from. The other one is located in

Jacksonville FL. After finding this out, this made it a whole lot easier in finding the parts needed as for some crazy reason I was given the run around that since it was a Canadian

truck that the parts were slightly different! ... To make a long story short; I called a dealer for the price on the cat set up to which they said $1121.94 ... next then I called all

Napa, and they tried to sell me on something that was universal and still quite high ... next, then I called Oreilly's and they said that they couldn't get the part that it showed it

was completely out of stock! When I asked the number to the manufacture the young guy gave me the number. I called the manufacture and they said that they had it in stock

and at their distribution centers the gentleman I spoke to there said to me that it sounded like I was getting the royal run around. and suggested that I buy that catalytic

converter set up somewhere else that they supply like "Rock Auto" he assured me that I would get the same "Walker" catalytic converter setup for much much less! I thanked him

then called Oreilly to speak with the manager. The manager said their price was $737.99 and that when he would have time tomorrow he would call the manufacturer to see why

the could not order it. Not only that the manager said it would then be a special order and there would be shipping cost of $120 on top. I thanked him hung up called ROCK AUTO

and in a matter of 15 min, I ordered my WALKER catalytic set up and the 4 O2 sensors, found a discount code of 5% and my final total was to the sweet tune of $499.66 I AM

ONE HAPPY LADY:party::party:!!!!!

I will NEVER do business with OReilly and many others ever again!!!

SuMcD
    "persistence pays off"
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

Wow, what a savings! Nice job in sticking with it.

I changed your title slightly so that others know what the thread is about.
  3. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Why are trucks made in the US sold in Canada while trucks made in Canada are sold in the US? My truck was built in Canada but sold/purchased here in the US. Why the crossover instead of selling them where they are made???
  4. SuMcD

SuMcD New Member

Thank You much appreciated!

SuMcD

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Good question! Makes absolutely no sense, other than making us pull our hair out in frustration at times!
  5. SuMcD

SuMcD New Member

The only reason I can come up with is that the dealers will be able to charge more and pocket more money! Makes no sense what so ever!