Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas ??

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Goldie, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This time of the year more than any for me the PC crowd gives me a case of the alpha sierra sierra because of the use of Happy Holidays instead of the traditional and very correct Merry Christmas/Happy New Year. For me the last few years I always, and go out of my way to wish folk (especially sales clerks) a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Members, what say you? What do you do?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I say bah humbug. :p

3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I say this when my wife starts talking about all the stuff we need to get for the nieces, nephews, kid etc etc:rofl:

Other than that I say Merry Christmas, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Hanukka (if I know they are jewish).

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

When the clerk says happy holidays, I respond with "Merry Christmas".

5. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Work makes me say happy holidays on the phone (Apple has to be PC) but outside of work, Merry Christmas.

6. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

Put emphasis on CHRISTmas. Then usually someone gets mad at me either around me or the one who said "happy holiday". Also our local idiots wanted to change the Christmas parade to a Holiday parade..but in our area CHRISTmas overcame their nonsense and is here to stay.

7. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Merry Christmas to all and safe travels!

8. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Without a doubt, Merry Christmas, I am perfectly ok with the other for non christian ethnic groups, just as I am not going to partake in the holiday of choice for them, but there is a rhyme and a reason for the term Merry Christmas, and yes I challenge clerks to say Merry Christmas, when they say happy holidays to me, I look them in the eye and say, you do know what holiday this is right, if they indicate that they do, i simply say to them, then the propper greeting would be ......most of the time, they will smile and say Merry Christmas.
    Merry Christmas to all my GMTC friends.

Attached Files: