1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Happy memorial day

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, May 26, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Seems odd to say "Happy" memorial day, becuase I know there's a lot of rememberance going on in the US today. Anyhow, I hope that everyone who's got the day off uses it wisely making the best of free time that we enjoy here in our relatively safe and stable country.

I'm trying to get some chores done. Cleaning, putting stuff away, will probably look into buying some more organizer bins and getting rid of some junk ... maybe taking a trip to the Goodwill. If the weather holds us, we'll look at going down to the waterpark this afternoon too. Then it's back to work tomorrow
  2. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Happy memorial day to all
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Both my Wife and I are working today but the kids get the day off from school. Enjoy your day off, and Happy Memorial Day!
  4. yeah i hope everyone enjoys their day off while i'm at work ::grumbles::
    please keep in ur prayers all our fallen heroes and those still at war for us.
    and everyone be safe!
  5. Denise

Denise Rockstar 100 Posts

In rememberence of our troops past and present. THANK YOU

In reply to what I will be doing today...

Yard work... remulching and planting the front gardens.
  6. Nosup4u

Nosup4u Rockstar ROTM Winner

hmmm dont think there is such thing as a ''HAPPY" memorial day. just got back from a ride with the patriot riders. i had flag duty at a cemetary this am, then gave speech ant the local american legion. just remember what this day is all about(its not just a day off of work).

Willie
    SSG US army.
    death from above
  7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

NP there Willie, we all respect and honor this day in our own way. As mentioned before i am working today and have been involved in preparing with local VFW, American Legion, Lions Club, and past and present military personnel for ceremonies held in our community. Though I have never served myself, I have many friends and relatives that have and I have much respect for those who risk their life in the line of duty.

A personal thanks goes out to you and other members here that are currently serving, or has served in the past.

I have a lot to be thankful for today so that makes me happy.