1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Happy new owner of 2005 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TheWhiteKnight, Jan 11, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. TheWhiteKnight

TheWhiteKnight New Member

Greetings,

After having a Kia Rio totalled, I decided it was time to switch back to having a truck. I traded in my 1997 F-250 (which I really do miss), and decided to get something a little nicer. So I bought a 2005 Chevy Silverado. Nice truck, clean, and of course there are things I want to do to it, ie they still make automatic vehicles without cruise control? But I'm happy with it. I miss getting 40MPG on the way back and forth from Pittsburgh, but I like how it feels and I'd rather sit up high than be hunkered down on the road in a soda-can on wheels.

littlebeast.jpg

I haven't looked or researched yet, but are they notorious for any problems?

- Josh

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Congrats on your new ride....Very clean and sharp looking truck!

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Silvy > Rio!

4. TheWhiteKnight

You aren't kidding....

So I've been doing some research on things for my truck I'd LIKE to have, because it's like owning a house, changing it and upgrading it is a constant thing. Of course body modifications are always a "want", but I am going for functionality first. I am looking at replacing the turn signal stock and adding one with cruise control, then tap into the DIS. I seen a couple places and threads on doing them, so the procedure doesn't look to difficult. Can't really be any more difficult then replacing the GEM module in my old F-250.

I'm surprised that the truck didn't comes with options you'd think a truck would come with. I guess I took it for granted that my old F-250 came with everything. So just to make sure that I know where to look. the code for the gear ratio is located in the glove compartment? I want to add a tow package to the truck so I can pull a trailer.

5. Project1

Project1 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yea theres one i can think of if it has been replaced. That is the ac/heat fan resistor pack. Does the ac have all 5 speeds working? When i bought my 06 used it started out with no 5 the lost 4. Congrats on the new ride time to cover up the chrome lol

6. TheWhiteKnight

I fully agree, chrome on a truck never looks good, neither does large rims (just my $.02). I'd like to find some 6 lug aluminum wheels from an Avalanche or something but I don't want 18" 's.

- - - Updated - - -

Also does the center front seat fold down at all? Cant figure that one out.

7. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

check out craigslist for deals on wheels. if you are not familiar with that, go to craigslist "dot" com, then go to your town/area, then auto parts, then type in "17 wheels" (for 17"), or "silverado wheels". you will see a lot of stuff to look over.

8. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I didn't think that you could get a Silverado without cruise control unless it was a W/T. That looks to be an LS.

IMO, that truck would look good with some silver and black machined aluminum wheels. As far as chrome, chrome door handles look great on a truck.

9. TheWhiteKnight

I did find the first few things I want to do to it. Cruise is a definite, possibly find a folding center front seat, tap into the DIS, and some fog lights. I'm looking for all OEM parts though. I'll have to see what I can do. I did find the cruise stalk that just plugs in (since it appears my truck already has cruise built in).

I have to say this seems to be MUCH easier than trying to put cruise in a vehicle that didn't have it to begin with.

10. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

welcome aboard....if I am not mistaken, most 250's of any brand vehicle come
    with quite a few options .....Brian from Canada