1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

We're celebrating Thanksgiving here in the US this week! What's everyone got planned? We're going to have my wife's family over and have a simple feast and just hang out with the kids and then of course my wife has a big shopping trip planned with her friends for that night, so I'll be on kid duty.

What's everyone doing?

Happy-Thanksgiving-Turkey-thanksgiving-9157407-800-600.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Ah another black thursday shopper lol! Walmart has the goods this year from what I can see, but then again they usually do. This will be the first year that I'm not doing black friday, just not financially in that position this year. I am going over my parents for dinner, which will be pizza and wings and some snacks. We are not traditional by any means, last year it was steak and shrimp. Nobody feels like cooking this year...
  3. Well both sides of the family is coming to my house, tons of food to be cooked, according to my mom Wednesday will be reserved for cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning. But Thursday I am going to be fat and happy while watching football
  4. Goldie

Goldie Active Member 1000 Posts

Planning on having a quiet Thanksgiving. My daughter and her husband coming into town to join us. I'll cook th turkey and make the stuffing and dressing using his recipe and how he taught me many years ago. He did the same for the many my folks were married.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Happy Thanksgiving to [MENTION=23036]TRPLXL2[/MENTION], [MENTION=48681]ChromeSilver02[/MENTION], [MENTION=19996]goldie[/MENTION] too.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Just another day at work for me, my employer is a 7 day a week 24 hr a day company and unfortunately holidays seem to be busier than most other days.
  7. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Hey to all my American GMTC friends and drivers, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! from south of the border !! Us Canucks had ours in October.. Enjoy your turkey and day off!!
  8. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts

We are having 18 to 20 people over. Family, friends and neighbors. Our church kitchen is the focal point for the annual feed the community Thanksgiving dinner. Churches and charitable groups in town prepare different parts of the meal. Then the individual plates are prepared and distributed. Also needy families come to the church and pick up the prepared food. I forget the exact number but it was well over 5000 meals last year.

Well, I am on the clean up crew. So while my family is preparing dinner, I will be cleaning at the church kitchen.
  9. McMahan

McMahan New Member

I will be stuck in Korea away from my family :grrrrrr: everyone enjoy your families and don't take the small things for granite I miss mine dearly and hate watching my baby boy grow up in pics.

Everybody have a great turkey day and eat lots for us over here!!!!!:great:

Justin
  10. grape2

grape2 New Member

No plans just another day, I don't celebrate any holidays. I guess having missed so many like Mahan they don't mean nothing no more. Thanks Mahan for your service
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.