GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

We're celebrating Thanksgiving here in the US this week! What's everyone got planned? We're going to have my wife's family over and have a simple feast and just hang out with the kids and then of course my wife has a big shopping trip planned with her friends for that night, so I'll be on kid duty.

What's everyone doing?

Happy-Thanksgiving-Turkey-thanksgiving-9157407-800-600.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

Ah another black thursday shopper lol! Walmart has the goods this year from what I can see, but then again they usually do. This will be the first year that I'm not doing black friday, just not financially in that position this year. I am going over my parents for dinner, which will be pizza and wings and some snacks. We are not traditional by any means, last year it was steak and shrimp. Nobody feels like cooking this year...
  3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

Well both sides of the family is coming to my house, tons of food to be cooked, according to my mom Wednesday will be reserved for cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning. But Thursday I am going to be fat and happy while watching football
  4. Goldie

Goldie New Member

Planning on having a quiet Thanksgiving. My daughter and her husband coming into town to join us. I'll cook th turkey and make the stuffing and dressing using his recipe and how he taught me many years ago. He did the same for the many my folks were married.
  5. ChevyFan

Happy Thanksgiving to [MENTION=23036]TRPLXL2[/MENTION], [MENTION=48681]ChromeSilver02[/MENTION], [MENTION=19996]goldie[/MENTION] too.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Just another day at work for me, my employer is a 7 day a week 24 hr a day company and unfortunately holidays seem to be busier than most other days.
  7. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member

Hey to all my American GMTC friends and drivers, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! from south of the border !! Us Canucks had ours in October.. Enjoy your turkey and day off!!
  8. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member

We are having 18 to 20 people over. Family, friends and neighbors. Our church kitchen is the focal point for the annual feed the community Thanksgiving dinner. Churches and charitable groups in town prepare different parts of the meal. Then the individual plates are prepared and distributed. Also needy families come to the church and pick up the prepared food. I forget the exact number but it was well over 5000 meals last year.

Well, I am on the clean up crew. So while my family is preparing dinner, I will be cleaning at the church kitchen.
  9. McMahan

McMahan New Member

I will be stuck in Korea away from my family :grrrrrr: everyone enjoy your families and don't take the small things for granite I miss mine dearly and hate watching my baby boy grow up in pics.

Everybody have a great turkey day and eat lots for us over here!!!!!:great:

Justin
  10. grape2

grape2 New Member

No plans just another day, I don't celebrate any holidays. I guess having missed so many like Mahan they don't mean nothing no more. Thanks Mahan for your service
  11. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Well I be on the road in 24 Hr's on the way to ChiTown,IL, Spending Turkeyday with my wife and Dogs....I'll be up there till next Mon. So anyone in the area...let me know....

and to everyone else Have a Safe and Happy Shopping day Oh I mean Thanksgiving!!!! :great:
  12. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member

Mrs.silveradotrailblazers family is coming. yea.:sleep:
  13. ChevyFan

Sounds like good times! [MENTION=48324]Caddiac[/MENTION]!

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

@silveradotrailblazer, you're in the same boat that I'm in.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Be safe driving #Enkeiavalanche

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

[MENTION=23036]TRPLXL2[/MENTION] she's gone shopping RIGHT THIS MINUTE and it's only Wednesday night. Looks like it's getting earlier and earlier each year.
  14. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 New Member

With family! My Birthday is on Thanksgiving this year, and I will be having turkey, and cake! Hope everyone has a safe holiday!
  15. mudpuppy

mudpuppy New Member

ahhh dead bird, beer, lil rug rats going rampage style in my house, mud dragged in all over my floors, and then bed time while mama and papa clean up. haha .
  16. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member

And the problem with that is .........? LOL You are making family memories. When you old and your kids are grown they will look back and say WTF! Lets go to my folks will put up with this sh&^!
  17. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

us up here in Canada are just watching all the Sales ( black Friday stuff ) this week / weekend. Not sure if any Border
    areas will be short Canada shoppers with Canadian retailers trying to have their own Black Friday now. Happy
    Thanksgiving to all in the States ............sure sign now that the Big guy in red ain't too far away with our
    truck/suv/car wishes for Christmas !!!!!! Brian from Ontario, Canada

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

you don't sound too thrilled .......I get what you mean though !!!
  18. jnbama

jnbama Member

Sorry you miss your family and we thank all of our Military, I'm so stuffed I look I'm laying on top of a beach ball in bed
  19. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

went to the neighbors and sar around bsed for a while, played some cards, complained about the army.... was a good time.

Alex
  20. ChevyFan

anyone else stuffed and not feeling well tonight?

I need more tums.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.