Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Hard Foldind Tonneau cover

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Frankie Ray, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Frankie Ray

Frankie Ray New Member Gold Member

I need help choosing a hard folding tonneau cover for my 2013 GMC Sierra, I have look at Back flip, Roll-X , Peragon, Extang , Roll n lock. So many I'm sick. All input would be very helpful, I am looking for one that will last, Plus security and water proof as possible. Thanks

2. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I had the roll n lock and hated it! You can fry a egg on it, never again.........

3. Frankie Ray

OK, I can check that one off. I love the input you can get from this site, Save's time and money and sometimes keeps you from making a big mistake. These cover's cast way to much money to make a mistake on. Thanks for the Info.

4. hot rod

hot rod New Member

I just recently had the Bak flip installed onto my truck and I like it since you can fold a section or the complete cover. It work good. Only thing is to remember to lift first section when flipping up the gate. Hope this helps.

5. Scott_Anderson

Scott_Anderson Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I had one years ago on a work truck, can't remember the name. Couple of things I didn't care for with it.
    It wasn't 100% waterproof, it leaked at the joints and corners.
    It was a hassle to have to clean the snow off of it to open it, or dig the ice out of the operator handle recesses to be able to open it.
    I would have preferred a traditional hard topper, but the truck had a 5th wheel hitch so that option was out of the question.

6. TimmyG

TimmyG New Member

Been happy with my bakflip

7. Frankie Ray

What model did you get, I am trying to choose between Bakflip F1 or Extang Encore

8. TimmyG

TimmyG New Member

I think mine was a g2

9. Frankie Ray

Have you had a chance to see how water proof it is.:surprised:

10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I like the Bakflip G2. I found one locally for 695 new in the box. Might try to get him down to 650. would like to know as well how waterproof it is?? I wanted an electronic rollup but just cant seperate with that much coin.