1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Harmless "Warning" message for Google Chrome users ...

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Jun 17, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Harmless "Warning" message for Google Chrome users ...

Just FYI, some of the users on this site may see a "Malware Warning" message when you try to get to the Chevy Truck Talk section on this site.

This is really BS from Google, but they are stepping up their anti-malware and anti-spam systems (as of last week) and websites all across the web are reporting these types of notices. I'm going to work on this during my lunch (right now) and then tonight when I get home, and the moderators who are available are going to jump in and work on this as well.

The message will look something like this. If you click the advanced link at the bottom, you should be able to bypass this message (you won't see it again) and trust me you are at no risk for harm. The warning is that someone has linked to a 3rd part website in one of the posts in one of the threads. This is totally absurd to block traffic because of something like that, but they aren't taking any chances. Technically they should block access to Facebook if they're going to block access to that one section of our site (and thousands of other sites) ...

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sigh, this is REALLY overkill for Google Chrome to give a malware warning when there are only three threads in question. Going to remove them, not sure how long we will keep getting the message for though.

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, looks like the ONLY problem was that one user copied an article from a website called "Truck***T*mes (dot) com" ... Google Chrome flagged the entire Chevy Truck Talk forum because of the content in the ONE POST that was copied from that other website.
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts

Thanks for staying on top of this Steve.......... :glasses:
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Looks like the malware warning was lifted when I took down the content in question. I'm going to have to have some conversations with the moderators about how to police content from now on. wow!